Visitor Center Services Receptionist - Long Pasture
The Visitor Center Services Receptionist performs receptionist/docent customer services at our new Discover Center and/or at our parking location Welcome Kiosk. All duties are to meet the State and Mass Audubon requirements and policies for public use of Long Pasture sanctuary grounds. He/she consistently represents Mass Audubon in a positive and informative manner with visitors and allows for the safe recreation of our visitors. Tasks will be done in both indoor and outdoor environments and consistent with social distance policies.
This is a temporary unbenefited position. Schedule will include two (2) 6hr days as assigned (will include one weekend day) for total of 12 hours a week from May 24th to September 6th.
- Answer phone calls and routine inquiries. Handle requests for information and data.
- Greet and orient visitors both in Discovery Center and at our Welcome Kiosk. Provide information on our sanctuary features and trails and promote our activities and programs
- Promote Society's memberships and provide fundraising materials to guests.
- Assist with processing admission fee via cash, making change and credit card payments.
- Assist with registration and check-in for public and group programs.
- Ensure the safety of and adherence to social distance guideline by visitors to the sanctuary:
- This may include; reminding visitors to wear masks, providing information about open and closed area and expectations of trail and beach etiquette.
- Provide efficient and courteous service to the public by offering information about the site to visitors and responding to other visitor service requests. Flexibility is important.
- High school diploma and at least two years of equivalent related experience.
- Excellent people skills and enthusiasm for a team working environment.
- Organized with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Office skills including computer, copier, scanning, and experience with varied computer programs.
- Ability to utilize spreadsheet programs, database and be a quick learner for software programs.
- A demonstrated ability to work well with other staff, volunteers, and community representatives and to relate to a diverse range of people and exercise cultural competence and inclusion.
- Requires successful completion of a CORI and SORI.
Compensation and Benefits
Starting salary: $13.50
Employee will be working both indoors and outdoors and may need to stand for long periods of time and to traverse uneven terrain. Wearing a mask at all times while on the property.
Work may require exposure to weather/temperature extremes and extended periods of traversing uneven terrain. Work may require performing responsibilities on evenings, weekends, and holidays.
How to Apply
Please no phone or in-person correspondences
Send resume and cover letter to
Kathleen Roche, Discovery Center Office Manager
Long Pasture Wildlife Sanctuary
PO Box 235
Cummaquid, MA 02637 or email: