Statewide Volunteer Program Coordinator
Mass Audubon greatly values and relies on volunteers and recognizes their importance in achieving its mission of protecting the nature of Massachusetts. The Volunteer Program Coordinator will provide leadership, coordination, and oversight of Mass Audubon’s statewide volunteer program.
This is a part-time; two-day a week position.
- Coordinating with volunteer coordinators at Wildlife Sanctuaries and in individual Mass Audubon programs across the state to provide support for developing diverse volunteer opportunities, recruiting, training, recognizing and encouraging retention for volunteers at their sites;
- Developing standards, policies, metrics, and staff training opportunities in support of volunteer programs;
- Organizing Mass Audubon’s annual Statewide Volunteer Day;
- Coordinating web-based and other information and outreach for volunteers;
- Networking with corporations and other organizations interested in volunteer opportunities;
- Seeking opportunities to reach out and involve new volunteers from diverse communities; and
- Seeking opportunities for funding in support of volunteer programs across Mass Audubon
- B.A. or B.S. degree and a minimum of 4 years of work experience related to recruiting and supervising volunteers, as well as experience in coordinating de-centralized programs, or equivalent.
- Proven ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong communication skills, both speaking and writing.
- Computer literacy required including experience with Microsoft Office, Office 365, and Excel.
- Experience and commitment to helping others grow in understanding and concern for the environment highly desirable.
- May require some weekend and evening work. Requires a valid driver’s license.
- Successful candidates will also need to pass a background records check (CORI, SORI and driver's.)
How to Apply
Please email cover letter and resume to:
208 South Great Road
Lincoln, MA 01773