Region Operations Manager
Mass Audubon is seeking a highly organized, detail oriented, systems-minded, and people-friendly professional to serve as Metro South Operations Manager. This position has overall responsibility for a wide range of management duties and administrative functions that support both day-to-day and long-term activities of multiple visitor centers and sanctuaries within the Metro South Region. The Operations Manager will analyze organizational processes and work to improve operational management systems and enhance efficiency and best practices. The Operations Manager is a key member of the Regional Leadership Team, helping to develop policy, budgets, and strategic plans for the Region. The Operations Manager may also serve on various Mass Audubon committees to provide support and/or input on statewide initiatives.
The Operations Manager is responsible for the direct oversight and coordination of the Region’s:
- Business office and daily administrative operations, including, program registration, permits and contracts management, maintenance of office equipment and supplies.
- Budget management and forecasting.
- Financial record keeping and accounts payable/receivable.
- Recruitment, supervision, and scheduling of full-time and part-time office and visitor services staff.
- Membership recruitment and retention.
- Marketing and communication including website, social media maintenance.
- Volunteer coordination and volunteer database management.
- Coordination of sanctuary gift shops.
- Direction of facility rental and special events coordination or support.
Office Management and Administrative duties:
- Manage invoicing & billing of goods and services.
- Collaborate with statewide Hub Leadership Team to develop policies, budgets, and strategic plans for the hub.
- Oversee giftshop purchasing, budgeting, and inventory management.
- Provide logistical support for Mass Audubon meetings and gatherings.
- Manage the rental and scheduling of facilities for meetings by outside parties as well as internal needs as appropriate.
- Assist Director and senior staff in developing marketing, membership recruitment, and other strategies.
- Collaborate with Membership Department to enhance membership recruitment and retention strategies.
- Manage permits, contracts, and staff housing agreements.
- Maintain safety records for staff and visitor accidents and incidents.
- Marketing, Website and Blog maintenance.
- Maintain and assist staff with office equipment.
- Order office supplies and maintain inventory.
Budget & Financial Management:
- Budget planning, tracking, and analysis.
- Assist the Director in preparing annual operational budget.
Staff Management and Volunteer Coordination:
- Hire, train, and supervise administrative and visitor services staff.
- Coordinate and maintain staff schedules to ensure proper staffing for multiple sanctuaries.
- Volunteer recruitment and supervision.
- Volunteer database management.
- Associate’s degree plus four or more years related managerial and operational experience.
- Must be highly organized, have excellent communication and customer service skills, and ability to interact with the public.
- Must have supervisory experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, Outlook and other software as required.
- Ability to relate to a diverse range of people and exercise cultural competence and inclusion.
- Have or be willing to acquire First Aid and CPR certifications and be able to respond effectively to emergencies.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Successful candidates will need to pass a background records check (CORI, SORI, and driver’s).
Compensation and Benefits
Salary range is 55,000-60,000 plus a full benefits package
Mass Audubon embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are dedicated to forming a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. People of color are strongly encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
Please send cover letter, resume, and 3 references to [email protected]