We’re looking for an enthusiastic, detail-oriented, customer-focused full-time year-round Program Registrar for the Sanctuaries and Programs of Mass Audubon’s North Shore Region. This position is responsible for all aspects of the registration process for programs at Ipswich River Wildlife Sanctuary in Topsfield, Joppa Flats Education Center in Newburyport, and other Sanctuaries and programs across Essex County. The Registrar provides excellent customer service through phone, email, and in person communications, and maintains the professional standards of Mass Audubon.
- Enter and maintain program listings in the online program registration system.
- Register all schools and groups onsite and outreach programs.
- Act as liaison between school/groups and the education department.
- Work with educational staff as needed to schedule programming and maintain education program and special events calendar.
- Assist with registrations for day camp and vacation week program. Help to ensure that registration, health forms and other paperwork are complete and received in timely fashion.
- Assist with registrations for public on-site or virtual programs.
- Assist with onsite registration for special events, large programs, and/or fundraisers as needed.
- Work with North Shore staff to answer participants’ and parents’ inquiries; forward requests as needed to the appropriate staff.
- Work with the North Shore business manager to ensure that programs are invoiced and payments are processed appropriately.
- Run reports and queries and maintain integrity of data collected in the registration process. Work with the IT team to troubleshoot and resolve any technical difficulties.
- Work with statewide administrative team to collaborate on best practices and development of new procedures. Attend statewide administrative team meetings as appropriate.
- Provide additional support to North Shore team as needed, including some general visitor services and membership responsibilities.
- Work some weekends and holidays required, as needed.
- Provide additional support to the North Shore team as needed.
- Associate’s degree and 1-year related experience or equivalent.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience in sales, customer service, and detailed organizational skills preferred.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Outlook, Teams and ability to manage specialized databases as developed by Mass Audubon.
- Interest in environmental issues and/or natural history.
- Flexibility and ability to respond to rapidly changing priorities, meet deadlines, and work as an effective team member.
- Ability to relate to a diverse range of people and exercise cultural competence and inclusion.
- Valid driver’s license and ability to travel within Massachusetts.
- Successful completion of a CORI and SORI.
Compensation and Benefits
This is a year-round, benefit-eligible, non-exempt position; $18 per hour / 4o hours per week.
Schedule is Monday through Friday; some weekend and holidays required.
Mass Audubon requires all employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID 19 by November 1, 2021.
Mass Audubon embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are dedicated to forming a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. People of color are strongly encouraged to apply.
Mass Audubon requires all employees to be fully vaccinated for Covid-19. In addition, a successful completion of a CORI and SORI Background Check and a Motor Vehicle Record (if applicable) is required.
How to Apply
Please send resume and cover letter to: