Nature Preschool Teacher - Arcadia Wildlife Sanctuaries
Mass Audubon’s Arcadia Wildlife Sanctuaries is seeking a caring preschool education teacher to work with directly with one lead teacher and 10-12 children, at the Arcadia Nature Preschool based in Easthampton and Northampton, MA. Arcadia Nature Preschool takes place mostly outdoors.
Founded in 1976, Arcadia Nature Preschool is one of the oldest nature preschools in the country. Each day, the preschoolers learn about nature through play. Learn more at www.massaudubon.org/arcadiapreschool.
This position is part-time September -June. The weekly schedule is Monday through Friday, 8:30am to 1:00 pm, one day until 1:45, 23 hours per week.
- Assist co-lead teachers with class preparation, lesson planning and clean-up.
- Assist with planning and leading engaging and age-appropriate nature lessons.
- Lead small group activities.
- Protect the physical and emotional welfare of preschoolers, interacting appropriately in a variety of situations, modeling behavior, and using positive behavior management techniques.
- Participate in professional development.
- Participate in weekly preschool team meetings.
- Work as part of Mass Audubon’s Education Team and West Region Team.
- Experience teaching 3 to 5-year old’s required.
- EEC Teacher certification.
- Enjoy being outdoors with children.
- Commitment to protecting and learning about the natural world.
- Natural history knowledge and environmental education experience a plus.
- A sense of humor is a must.
- Successful candidates must pass background record checks: CORI and SORI, EEC Background Check including fingerprints.
- First aid and CPR certification or willingness to obtain.
- Ability to teach outside.
How to Apply
Please send resume and cover letter to: