Part Time Adult Birding Teacher Naturalist and Program Coordinator
Mass Audubon’s Drumlin Farm Wildlife Sanctuary is seeking an engaging, organized, detail oriented and self-motivated part-time, Adult Birding Program Administrator/ Trip Leader to work with the Adult Program Education Coordinator to oversee all adult birding trips and programs.
Primary duties include developing and leading adult birding trips and programs, brochure copy, cultivating new trip leaders, helping with trip and program development and logistical support. (80%). Additional responsibilities include helping with marketing communications, liaise with Young Birders Programs and meeting with supervisor (20%).
This is a 10 hour/week position based at Drumlin Farm, with varied additional hours depending on program and trip offerings and destinations. Some required meetings and trainings will also take place at Drumlin Farm.
- Work with Adult Program Education Coordinator and trip leader’s team to develop and offer a dynamic schedule of birding programs and trips.
- Provide logistical support of trips and research and handle time-sensitive bookings: hotels, flights, vans, etc.
- Work with Adult Program Education Coordinator to write program copy and update in online catalog as needed.
- Develop and teach adult birding programs.
- Develop and co-lead and lead adult birding trips (day long and overnight)
- Work with Adult Program Coordinator to track and reconcile program income and budget.
- Work with Adult Program Education Coordinator and marketing team to market programs and produce Birders Newsletter.
- Work with Adult Program Registrar to maintain participant communications.
- Support and cultivate Young Birders program and participants.
- Skilled and knowledgeable birder with proven experience leading day birding programs for the public. We will work with and train qualified candidates to lead longer overnight birding trips.
- Experience in adult education, environmental education and/or teaching in an outdoor setting.
- Experience working with people from diverse cultural, socioeconomic backgrounds and abilities.
- Be highly engaging and energetic.
- Work well independently, be organized, detail oriented and demonstrate strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite especially Word, Power Point and Excel.
- CPR/First Aid Certification required upon hire.
- Ability to lift and haul up to 30 lbs. (program supplies and equipment).
- Successfully pass CORI and SORI background screening.
Compensation and Benefits
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Time Commitment: 10 hours/week administrative work (timing flexible), Program hours will vary based on programs offered and trip length, with some additional training or meeting times.
How to Apply
Please submit your resume and cover letter describing your relevant experience and interests by September 15th, 2019