Position Vision & Summary:
Wildwood Camp is looking for an energetic, organized, team-oriented Administrative and Office Manager. The Wildwood Administrative/Office Manager is the important first line of communication to prospective camp families, seasonal staff and others. Additionally, this position directly supports administrative management with the Wildwood Director and is directly responsible for all administrative tasks in the Wildwood office.
During the open season, this position is responsible for ensuring and providing excellent customer service while greeting and registering visitors in person and by phone, providing orientation to the sanctuary, directing visitors throughout the property and trail systems, answering questions about events and programs, monitoring building and grounds, introducing visitors to the many benefits of Mass Audubon membership, and educating guests about Wildwood and Mass Audubon. The Administrative Manager has an important and integral role as a welcoming, customer-oriented ambassador of Mass Audubon properties, programs, and mission.
- Serve as the primary contact for incoming phone calls, e-mails, and postal mail.
- Maintain accurate records of contact information.
- Coordinate distribution of the annual brochure, parent and camper information, and other mailings or electronic communications as needed.
- Organize and facilitate check-in and check-out days at camp.
- Annually update the camp forms, waivers, and handbook with input from the Wildwood staff.
- Ensure that parents return completed camper forms prior to each camp session, and review forms for accuracy, completeness, and urgent information to communicate to camp staff.
- Maintain strong work relationships with Mass Audubon staff in various Divisions, Departments, and Regions throughout the organization, and especially at Headquarters.
- Process payments, gifts, and other income.
- Prepare thank-you notes and maintain donor relations.
- Submit properly coded invoice approvals and check requests to the Financial Operations department to ensure full, prompt payment of bills.
- Maintain income and expense records, reconciling monthly with the ledger print-outs provided by Financial Operations.
- Coordinate completion of summer camp staff hiring paperwork and payroll.
- Participate in Wildwood budget development.
- Create and send bi-weekly enrollment and income reports.
- Enter registrations and payments in Mass Audubon’s online program registration database.
- Collect balances due, prior to the camp session.
- With the assistance of the Wildwood director, review financial aid applications and allocate aid to eligible families.
- Participate regularly and actively in departmental and interdepartmental meetings and conferences.
- With the Marketing and education departments, prepare and collect program evaluations from campers and parents.
- Occasionally work irregular hours including evenings and/or weekends.
- Welcome weekend facility rental guests.
- Register for camp and job fairs.
Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience, and three-five years relevant experience in administration and registration, particularly in an organized camping or environmental education program. In addition, the candidate must have:
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced work environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Computer literacy, including using web-based applications, word processing, spreadsheets, databases, and basic desktop publishing.
- Demonstrated experience reflecting strong customer service skills and comfort and effectiveness in interacting with both adults and youth.
- Ability to understand and clearly communicate Wildwood’s philosophy, mission, and programs.
- Demonstrated skill and enthusiasm for communicating Mass Audubon’s mission to a variety of audiences.
- Valid driver’s license needed for both instate and interstate travel.
- Successful completion of initial and annual background security assessments and driver’s record checks.
- Community-level child/adult CPR and First Aid certifications, kept current throughout employment.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that the employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job. Routinely work is performed within a typical office setting. Work may require performing responsibilities on evenings, weekends, and holidays.
Tools and Equipment Used
The employee is required to use a computer and general office equipment (e.g., telephone, calculator, copier, fax, etc.). Requires the use of two-way radios for communication with field staff. Requires a valid driver’s license.
Compensation and Benefits
Salary range is $45,000-$48,000, commensurate with experience. Includes generous benefits package including health plan, 403b retirement plan, paid vacation and holidays, sick leave, and reciprocity.
Hours: 40 hours per week; Specific hours vary depending on the time of year: May – September work is required to be onsite at Wildwood. Summer hours are 7:30 am – 4 pm. November – April hours are flexible to meet an individual’s needs; work can be both from home and at Wildwood. Winter hours are flexible.
How to Apply
Please send resume and cover letter to: