Nutrition Education Internship - Somerville, MA
Mass Audubon’s Drumlin Farm is seeking a Nutrition Education Intern to support our after school cooking clubs in the Somerville Public Schools as part of our Farm to School initiative. You will be assisting our Farm to School Educator in lessons both cooking in the classroom and exploring the school garden with Kindergarten to 5th grade students. You will also have the opportunity to cultivate competencies and confidence in program development and facilitation through an independent lesson-based project.
- Love for cooking, healthy eating, growing food, and working with young people.
- Interest in nutrition education, environmental education, and/or farm-based education, as demonstrated by previous activities, classes, or work experience.
- Friendly, "can-do" attitude and willingness to be flexible, as programming needs may shift daily.
- If intern is completing an independent project, an ability to self-motivate and ask for help as needed will be critical.
- Fluency in Spanish, Haitian Creole or Portuguese a plus.
- City of Somerville residents are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Must have the ability to lift and haul up to 30 lbs. (program supplies and equipment).
- Successfully pass CORI and SORI background screening.
September – December 2019 (fall session), and/or January – March 2020 (winter session) and/or March - June 2020 (spring session). Programs meet Monday-Thursday from 3pm-5pm. We are looking for individuals who can commit to at least two days per week. This is an unpaid internship.
How to Apply
Please submit resume and cover letter explaining why you are interested in this position to: