Nature Day Camp Educator – Summer 2021 - Berkshire Nature Camp
Berkshire Nature Camp at Pleasant Valley is celebrating its’ 75th year. We are seeking caring, committed, and enthusiastic educators to lead campers in a summer full of nature exploration and discovery. Mass Audubon’s mission is to protect the nature of Massachusetts for people and for wildlife. Mass Audubon protects 36,500 acres of land throughout Massachusetts, saving birds and other wildlife, and making nature accessible to all. Our Berkshire Nature camp is based out of the ecologically rich Pleasant Valley Wildlife Sanctuary, in Lenox, MA.
- Plan and lead nature/environmental learning activities for campers aged 5-16 years old;
- Help campers explore Pleasant Valley Wildlife Sanctuary’s 1300+ acres of forests, fields, streams, and ponds;
- Supervise and ensure health and safety of campers;
- Maintain communication with parents and other staff;
- Be available for all 9 weeks of camp, including approximately 1 week of paid training, depending upon position.
- Outstanding communication skills, able to work/learn in team setting with flexibility and sense of humor;
- At least 18 years old with experience working with children;
- Experience with and a strong commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and justice;
- Educational background in environmental science, education, and/or the arts; knowledge of nature in the Berkshire region; preference will go to those who actively pursue their curiosity about the natural world;
- Certification in CPR/First Aid or Wilderness First Aid highly desirable;
- Ability to pass background record checks (CORI, SORI, and NSOPW).
Compensation and Benefits
Pay: $14.00 per hour for a 9-week season. Housing is not provided, however we can provide information on securing housing for the summer.
Schedule: Training begins June 21, 2021. Camp runs Monday to Friday from 9am – 3pm, June 28 – August 27
How to Apply
Send letter of interest, resume; and contact information for three references to: