Nature Camp Leader - August Only - Moose Hill
Moose Hill Camp is looking for enthusiastic people who have the desire to actively enrich the lives of children through hands-on nature activities, games and crafts. Have fun exploring our extensive trail system and the diversity of life found in our upland forest, meadows, red maple swamp and vernal pools with small groups of campers.
Join our team of staff who enjoy learning and working together. Your role is two-fold—first as a counselor who supervises the campers’ health and safety, promotes positive youth development, and plays games and second as an instructor who connects children to nature through hand-on learning activities. The camp provides you with goals and some activities for each weekly session. You will work with other staff to create additional age-appropriate lessons, games and crafts. To discover more about our Nature camp program check out our summer camp brochure at Moose Hill Brochure, and discover more about us on our website, Moose Hill Camp!
- Applicants must be at least 18 years of age; have experience working with and enjoy being with children;
- Ability to lead groups over rough terrain;
- Have strong communication skills;
- Must have the ability to design and implement nature-based activities including games and crafts;
- Preferred applicants are studying or have a degree in a life science or education;
- Current certification in CPR and first aid is required (training opportunities are provided);
- Must pass a background records check (CORI and SORI).
Schedule: Monday – Friday, 42 hours per week from August 5 (an earlier start is negotiable) to August 23 with an option to work until August 30. June 3 - June 14 is Staff Training and all new staff are expected to attend this training.
How to Apply
Rate of Pay: $12.25-$12.75 per hour. Training is provided at $12.00/ hour.