Nature Adventure Camp Co-Instructor Guide – Moose Hill
This is a unique program here at Moose Hill for our older campers ages 12-15. You will have a group of up to 6 campers with whom you will explore Moose Hill with. This program will have daily experiences with exploring the lesser seen parts of the property, group development activities, wilderness skills, nature connection, and a reflection period. This program is designed to allow the participants, and the staff, to really get out and get to know the Moose Hill property. This program will challenge you as a staff member, and give you skills to help guide the participants to a deep knowledge and connection of the land here at Moose Hill.
Training includes nature study as well as teaching techniques. To discover more about our Nature Adventure Camp program check out our website, Moose Hill Camp!
- Applicants must be at least 20 years of age. 19 with a LOT of experience;
- Have experience working with and enjoy being with and teaching teens;
- Have the ability to lead groups over rough terrain;
- Preferred applicants have previous camp experience, camping and outdoor cooking experience;
- Must be good at wilderness navigation, and some Natural History knowledge;
- Be willing to learn a lot about nature connection and group dynamics;
- Must have ability to design and implement nature-based activities including group bonding games;
- Preferred applicants are studying or have a degree in a life science, education, or outdoor recreation;
- Current certification in CPR and first aid is required (training opportunity provided);
- Must pass a background records check (CORI, SORI and driver’s).
Compensation and Benefits
Rate of Pay: $13.40-$14.00 per hour depending on experience. Training is provided at $13.00/ hour.
Schedule: Monday – Friday, 42 hours a week. June 2-June 12 is Staff Training and all new staff are expected to attend this training. Camp runs from June 15 - August 22 with an option to work until August 28, 2020. Nature Adventure Camps begin on June 22, but working the week of June 15 is possible and encouraged for planning.
How to Apply
When crafting your cover letter, please answer the following questions.
- What is your realistic availability from June 1 through August 28th? What time off will you need, family vacations, etc.
- What is something you are passionate about?
- If you had a tennis ball, a bandana, and a stick what is a game or activity you could create to play with a group of 8-10 campers. You pick the age.
- What might set you apart from all the other people who are applying for a position here?
- What is an environmental topic that you are interested in teaching about?
- What are your personal nature connection practices or routines?
- What do you do to connect with Nature?
Please email your resume and letter of interest to: