Metro West Administrative Assistant / Camp Registrar
Mass Audubon’s Metro West Region includes Broadmoor Wildlife Sanctuary in Natick, Drumlin Farm Wildlife Sanctuary in Lincoln, and Habitat Wildlife Sanctuary in Belmont. We seek a positive, customer-focused office administrator and registrar to provide excellent customer service to our camp families while managing office duties and registration. This position will be based at the Drumlin Farm site in Lincoln, MA. Through our three sites, Mass Audubon Metro West offers a wide range of farm and nature programs for all ages, including onsite and offsite summer camps, nature-based preschool, school and group programming, family programming and birding activities, among others. This position will focus on supporting our 3 camps, vacation weeks, and teen programs.
Provide administrative support to the Metro West Education Department, with a focus on the camp, vacation week and teen programs. Duties include office administration, registration for programs, volunteer coordination, public/community relations, and budget maintenance. Provide excellent customer service through phone, email, and in-person communications, while projecting a professional image of Mass Audubon.
Perform a variety of administrative duties including, but not limited to:
- Register families for programs via in-person, phone and email interaction
- Offer polite and professional customer service to all participants, families, and fellow staff members
- Respond to all registration and general camp communications in a timely manner via in-person, phone and email interaction
- Assist in management and record-keeping of confidential human resources and participant information via paper and online systems
- Assist Metro West camp director team in collecting and filing staff human resources forms
- Record, file, summarize, and prepare reports related to camper registrations
- Work effectively in a busy, sometimes loud, shared office space
- Serve as a relay point for communications between Metro West camp director team, camp staff, and other sanctuary staff via phone, email and two-way radio
- Perform office duties such as creating copies, reading and routing incoming mail, and editing and transcribing documents, among others
- Act as receptionist as needed answering general inquiries about Mass Audubon and routing questions to appropriate departments
- Professionally represent Mass Audubon at public events, offering information and answering questions in a customer focused manner
Maintain financial records for the unit, including, but not limited to:
- Preparing and submitting business office invoices and other forms
- Tracking expenses and reconciling unit income and expense summaries with office records
- Manage financial aid applications and payment plans for camp
- Manage petty cash, recommend and make purchases as needed for camp and office supplies
Support other program registrars as needed and assume other responsibilities as requested.
- One year related experience, preferably Associate’s degree or higher
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, as well as organizational skills. Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and Outlook and/or Google suite
- Preferably has interest in environmental issues and/or natural history
- Flexibility and ability to respond to rapidly changing priorities, meet deadlines, and work as an effective team member
- Ability to relate to and work with a diverse range of people and exercise cultural awareness and inclusion
- Valid driver’s license and ability to travel within Massachusetts, successful completion of background checks (CORI and SORI)
- Ability to successfully complete Community First aid/ CPR class, offered by Mass Audubon at no cost
The physical demands listed are representative of those that must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the position. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is required to talk, hear, sit, stand, and walk. Occasionally the employee is required to bend/stoop, crawl/kneel, carry, reach, push/pull, walk over uneven terrain, and lift up to 25 lbs. Employee is required to apply limited manual dexterity in combination with eye-hand coordination, such as basic keyboarding, basic hand tools and instruments, filing, operating office equipment, and operating a motor vehicle. Employee must have good vision to read documents for general understanding and for analytical purposes. Occasionally the employee is required to review non-written materials for general observation purposes and for analytical, detailed purposes. Occasionally it is necessary for the employee to differentiate between colors.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that the employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job. Routinely work is performed within a typical office setting. Work may require performing responsibilities on evenings, weekends, and holidays.
Tools and Equipment Used
The employee is required to use a personal computer and general office equipment (e.g., telephone, calculator, copier, fax, etc.). Requires the use of two-way radios for communication with field staff. Requires a valid driver’s license.
Compensation and Benefits
Base salary $16.00/hour, commensurate with experience and benefits package including health plan, 403b retirement plan, paid vacation and holidays, sick leave, and reciprocity.
Hours: 40 hours per week
Times vary depending on the time of year: February & April vacation weeks 8 am – 4 pm
Mid-June through Mid-August 40 hours per week (while camp is in session)
From mid-September through November, daily hours are flexible to meet an individual’s needs.
How to Apply
Please send cover letter and resume to:
Mass Audubon’s Drumlin Farm Wildlife Sanctuary
208 South Great Road
Lincoln, MA, 01773