Membership & Annual Fund Operations Manager
Support operations and activities across a variety of recurring functions and special projects to achieve departmental goals. Assist Director with programmatic activities relating to member and donor acquisition and retention, including mail, digital, and onsite campaigns. Serve as team lead and expert resource on the membership/fundraising functionality of the CRM database, including data integration with peripheral systems and data sources. Provide Membership staff with the training and support needed to help ensure that transaction processing, production, customer service, data updates and hygiene, and other operational objectives they are responsible for are met.
1. Utilize mastery of departmental operations, expertise with the CRM database, and other skills to assist the Director of Membership with existing programs and new initiatives relating to member and donor acquisition and retention. This includes creating and maintaining queries and outputs, collateral, schedules, reports, and other deliverables needed to execute and inform mail, digital, and sanctuary-based campaigns.
2. Support Membership staff and departmental operations to ensure workflow is being executed in accordance with priorities, standards, and schedules, and that policies and procedures remain relevant and effective. Provide training, coaching, and tools as needed, and look for opportunities to improve performance and increase efficiency.
3. Serve as team lead and expert resource on the membership/fundraising functionality of the CRM database. Monitor recurring processes, ensure data integrity, accuracy, and quality standards are met, and identify and resolve issues as needed. Manage the creation of files, codes, uploads, and account updates needed to support transaction processing, campaigns, customer service, and the fulfillment of membership benefits.
4. Manage the renewal mail program. Maintain and execute queries needed for print/mail production, and transmit files in accordance with deadlines and data security protocols. Ensure that accuracy and quality standards are met and content is current, revising copy and forms as needed. Maintain reporting, inventory management, and invoice review/cost tracking. Seek ways to control costs and increase efficiency.
5. Manage the E-Renewal and Auto Renew programs. Maintain and execute queries needed for ongoing email deployment. Ensure that accuracy and quality standards are met and content is current, revising email copy and templates as needed. Support activities to increase the number of online renewals and members enrolled in the Auto Renew payment option. Minimize Auto Renew attrition via monthly email alert/recapture program credit card updater service.
6. Act as lead for the Regional Membership Representative (RMR) team to ensure Mass Audubon staff and volunteers across the state receive the training and tools they need to recruit members and support membership campaigns and initiatives. This includes training new RMRs, conducting RMR team meetings, updating/distributing training materials, and providing ongoing informational updates.
7. Oversee print collateral and premium program. Manage form changes/updates, ordering, inventory management, invoice review/cost tracking, and securing RFPs as directed. Run recurring premium files and manage internal and external fulfillment. Build and sustain effective relationships with vendors to ensure high quality service and competitive pricing.
8. Use in-depth knowledge of Mass Audubon membership operations and the CRM to play a key role in database updates and enhancements. Participate with other staff and vendors to inform and support development and implementation. Plan and execute testing and data checking, and train membership staff on any resultant changes to existing practices and procedures.
9. Provide redundancy for the Director of Membership on the reconciliation of gift and dues income activity between Membership and Financial Operations for each fiscal month and year, and running the senior management reports associated with these operations.
10. Represent the Membership department on special projects and activities as requested. Serve as an ambassador for Mass Audubon and the department, and assist with member recruitment at wildlife sanctuary and public events as needed.
11. Assume other responsibilities as requested by the Director of Membership and Annual Fund.
Experience working with enterprise-level membership/fundraising database management systems, including queries and outputs, reporting, data hygiene, QC and testing, and user training and support, is required. Preference will be given to candidates with prior experience supporting membership and/or fundraising operations.
The ideal candidate will be highly organized, and have demonstrated the ability to effectively and efficiently manage multiple priorities, projects, and recurring operations. Excellent critical thinking, analytical, and communication skills are required, as is proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word. Must be able to work independently and as part of a team. BA/BS degree or equivalent experience required.
Compensation and Benefits
This is a full time position and includes a full benefits package.
How to Apply
Please send resume and cover letter to: