Livestock Farm Hand - Drumlin Farm (Part Time)
Drumlin Farm seeks a part-time (18 hrs per week) Livestock Farm Hand. Under the supervision of the Livestock Manager, the Farm Hand will help care for and manage the livestock operation and support Drumlin’s farm-based education programs. Flexible schedule includes one weekend day and some holidays.
- Provides daily care of livestock including feeding and cleaning
- Helps maintain health of livestock including:
- Diet and feeding; ordering of feed
- Veterinary care- de-worming schedule, vaccine programs, animal medication inventory, and emergency care
- Assists in birthing of all livestock
- Helps manage meat, yarn, sheepskins and egg sales
- Assists in hay production
- Assists in pasture management including rotational grazing program
- Assists in manure management
- Assists in barn and facilities maintenance including fencing, pens, and livestock equipment
- Supervises volunteers during chores and other livestock jobs when Livestock Manager is not present
- Manages rotational mobile chicken coop
- Assists in maintaining clear communications with educational staff.
- At least 2 years of large animal care experience specifically cows, sheep, goats, pigs and chickens.
- Must be hard working, dependable, and open to learning new skills; ability to organize and work with interns and volunteers; capable of operating mechanical equipment such as mowers, tractors, and trucks; and willing to work a flexible schedule.
- Ability to communicate easily with staff and the public.
- Requires First Aid and CPR certification upon hire.
- Knowledge of basic knowledge of carpentry skills helpful.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds and traverse uneven terrain.
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Must pass a background records check (CORI, SORI and driver's)
How to Apply
Please email your resume and cover letter to:
Drumlin Farm Wildlife Sanctuary
208 S Great Road
Lincoln, MA 01773