Learning Garden Summer Intern – Drumlin Farm, Lincoln, MA
Drumlin Farm Wildlife Sanctuary is both a working, sustainable farm, wildlife sanctuary, and a busy center for multiple environmental education programs located in Lincoln, Massachusetts. The Learning Garden Intern will assist in our Learning Garden, providing both gardening and educational assistance under the guidance of our Food and Farm Educator. The intern will assist with planting, weeding, and harvesting; small group instruction; and planning and leading activities for our summer campers. Our intern may also choose to lead a long-term project as it relates to the Learning Garden with guidance from the Food and Farm Educator.
- Support the Learning Garden upkeep and maintenance, including harvesting, weeding, transplanting and seeding.
- Interest in hands-on farm, environmental or science education.
- Kind and flexible, “can-do” attitude as programming needs may shift daily.
- Be comfortable working in a collaborative environment.
- Be comfortable leading others including small groups of campers.
- Willingness to work in any weather.
- If intern is completing an independent project, an ability to self-motivate.
- Intern will need to complete a CORI and SORI before beginning work
Compensation and Benefits
This is an unpaid position. Intern would be welcome to take home some of the produce we grow each week.
Schedule can be tailored to meet intern’s needs, but would ideally include 2-3 days (Tuesday-Fridays) from June 16 to August 14. The hours are between 9am-2pm.
If intern would like to complete an independent project, additional hours are recommended.
No housing is available with this internship, but we are accessible by public transportation from the greater Boston area.
How to Apply
To apply, please submit resume and cover letter explaining why you are interested in this position to: