Invasive Plant Control Technician: - Part Time Seasonal (June - July)
Join a team to help to manually remove perennial pepperweed (Lepidium latifolium ) from salt marshes and adjacent areas within the Great Marsh Region (Coastal Towns from Salisbury to Gloucester) by hand pulling plant materials, bagging and safely disposing of them. Work will be rigorous and outdoors in a variety of weather conditions. Hours will vary depending on the tide and weather conditions. Assist with outreach to landowners to acquire permission. Use mobile mapping app map to report areas infested with pepperweed and report results of management efforts. Train and lead volunteer assistants.
- Must have a strong work ethic and interpersonal skills, work well independently, be in good physical condition, and be willing to work occasional weekends;
- Ability to interact with project partners and the public in a professional manner;
- Plant identification skills and an academic background in botany, wildlife, zoology, or related fields are preferred;
- Ability to work productively while maintaining social distance from others;
- Must be enthusiastic;
- Ability to work in difficult weather conditions (strong wind, rain, extreme temperatures); while maintaining appropriate safety protocols;
- Applicants must have a valid driver's license and their own transportation to various field work sites;
- Must be able to use ArcGIS Collector App on your cell phone;
- Successful candidates must pass a background records check (CORI, SORI and drivers).
Compensation and Benefits
Rate of Pay: $13.50 /hr. for up to 300 hours. This work is weather and tide dependent. Hours per day
are not guaranteed
Estimated hours are 24 - 30 per week.
How to Apply
Send letter of interest, resume, employment application and contact information for 3 references to: