Human Resources Coordinator
The Mass Audubon Human Resources Department serves a statewide organization that focused on preserving the nature of Massachusetts. The Human Resources Coordinator, will join the Director of Human Resources and the Human Resources Manager to oversee the administrative functions and office management duties of the Human Resources Department. The individual will possess a solid business acumen, and the ability to work effectively in a fast-paced and dynamic environment, with the capacity to work collaboratively within Human Resources and across the organization. The Human Resources Coordinator needs to be focused, eager to learn, a forward thinker, and have a high sense of urgency while still paying close attention to detail.
- Must possess strong employee services orientation with the ability to navigate complex conversations, determine employee needs and provide solutions that satisfy staff while adhering to Mass Audubon polices and culture.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills in interacting with all levels of staff across the state as well as business vendors.
- Must maintain the highest level of confidentiality.
- Manages all front line communication for both internal and external customer inquiries.
- Maintains the Human Resources Mailboxes, electronic and paper.
- Ensures that all the biweekly timecards in ADP Workforce Now are completed in preparation for payroll processing.
- Processes all employee status changes such as changes in hours, merit increases, benefit changes and terminations.
- Assist employees with the tuition reimbursement process.
- Maintains all personnel records by updating and recording information such as personal data, status changes, compensation, benefits, and termination date and reason.
- Responsible for filing personnel records.
- Processes all benefit enrollments and employee status changes for medical, dental, life, short-term and long-term disability insurance, flexible spending, and 403(b) retirement plan.
- Reports and ensures the timely submission of biweekly 403(b) contribution information to the external administrator.
- Manages all annual open enrollment transactions.
- Manage flexible spending accounts and COBRA administration through a third party administrator.
- Responsible for posting open positions to applicable internal and external websites.
- Assists with New Employee Orientation.
- Assists fellow Human Resources staff to coordinate several events for staff throughout the year.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Human Resources preferred or have equivalent work experience.
- 1 to 2 years of Human Resources experience preferred.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and customer service skills, as well as an ability to relate to a diverse population and exercise cultural competence and inclusion.
- Ability to work effectively and calmly with short deadlines and to resolve customer concerns in a timely fashion.
- Ability to handle multiple deadline and priorities, moving from one priority to another, while completing projects on time.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have proven experience with Microsoft Office and preferably with ADP Workforce Now.
Compensation and Benefits
Competitive salary commensurate with experience; includes full benefit package.
How to Apply
Please send resume and cover letter to: