Garden Facilitator, Drumlin Farm Camp
Drumlin Farm Camp is a farm and nature camp full of outdoor exploration, farmyard activities, teambuilding, games, and much more. We are looking for a Garden Facilitator to support our programming by designing and delivering garden and crops-based lessons, activities, crafts and cooking projects for campers ages 4-17.
Join a positive, welcoming staff community in a beautiful place to share your love of nature and farming with children and youth!
- Design and deliver garden and crops-based lessons, activities and crafts appropriate for each age group
- Create planting progression and share schedule and updates with camp staff; schedule camp groups for garden time
- Share knowledge of vegetable and herb gardening with campers and staff; assist camp groups with harvesting and food preparation, evaluate and improve on program activities and support camp staff to broaden their knowledge
- Supervise camper health and safety, including use of garden tools; pro-actively communicate with staff, and provide leadership for campers and counselors
- Participate in mandated, paid camp training and utilize learning including: natural history, farming, communication, group management, health and safety, and teaching techniques
- Must be at least 18 years old with at least one year of experience working with youth/children, preferably with a focus on agriculture, food justice, environmental education, and/or health
- Must have at least 1 season of experience managing a garden, greenhouse, field or related work
- Must enjoy working with children/youth, be able to work both cooperatively and independently, be flexible and responsible
- We encourage applicants with a diversity of interests and work experience to apply, interest or studies in gardening, health, food justice, agriculture, environmental science, ecology, education, psychology, biology, or related fields are helpful
- Must have the ability to lead groups over rough terrain and spend the day outdoors in variable weather
- Demonstrated ability to promote and respect diversity
- Must have community CPR/First Aid certifications current through August 2021 or willing to obtain before June (we will offer a class)
- Must pass background records checks (CORI & SORI)
Compensation and Benefits
Rate of Pay: Beginning at $14.00/hour depending on experience
Monday - Friday, 8 am – 2 pm (32 hours/week)
Training (paid): June 7– 18 (most days) Camp: June 21– Aug 13 (additional dates available through Sept 2)
Greater Boston and Worcester residents are strongly encouraged to apply. Every inquiry will be treated confidentially. A detailed job description is available upon request.
How to Apply
Please email your resume, cover letter, and three references to: