Farm Animal / Barn Facilitator - Drumlin Farm Camp
Drumlin Farm Camp is a farm and nature camp full of outdoor exploration, farmyard activities, teambuilding, games, and much more. We are looking for a Farm Animal Facilitator to support our programming by designing and delivering activities and lessons for campers ages 4-17 focused on cows and horses. This role also assists in maintaining safety of campers, staff, and farm animals during programs.
Join a positive, welcoming community of people who enjoy learning and working together in a beautiful place and sharing their love of nature and farming. Training includes natural history, orientation to farm animals, and teaching techniques.
- Safely handle farm animals including but not limited to cow, horse, sheep, goats, and chickens. Experience with all farm animals is not required, experience with horses and/or cows preferred
- Facilitate interactive lessons for children ages 4-17 about farm animals, and lead chores such as milking a cow, grooming a pony, mucking, etc.
- Maintain physical safety of campers, staff, and animals at all times
- Applicants must be at least 18 years old, have experience and enjoy working with children/youth, and working with farm animals
- Agriculture, animal science or environmental education experience and/or past camp experience are helpful
- Must have ability to work in a farm environment and maintain safety of people and animals during farm animal interactions; must be able to work cooperatively and independently, and be flexible and responsible
- Demonstrated ability to promote and respect diversity
- Must have community CPR/First Aid certifications current through August 2021 or willing to obtain before June (we will offer a class)
- Must pass background records checks (CORI & SORI)
Compensation and Benefits
Rate of Pay: Beginning at $13.50/hour depending on experience
Monday - Friday, 8am – 2pm (32 hours/week)
Training (paid): June 7– 18 (most days) Camp: June 21– Aug 13 (we have work available through Sept 2)
Greater Boston and Worcester residents are strongly encouraged to apply. Every inquiry will be treated confidentially. A detailed job description is available upon request.
How to Apply
Please email your resume, cover letter, and three references to: