Executive Assistant to the President
Mass Audubon is seeking an energetic, high-achieving Executive Assistant to the President to support ambitious agenda to protect the nature of Massachusetts.
Mass Audubon is dedicated to taking-action to protect the nature of Massachusetts through land protection, on-the-ground restoration, world-class educational programs, and policy and advocacy work. As such, we serve as a leader and a catalyst for conservation, by acting directly to protect the nature of Massachusetts and by stimulating individual and institutional action through conservation, education, and policy. To fulfill our mission, we will engage people of all backgrounds—meaningfully and respectfully—throughout our organization and we are committed to advancing the principles of diversity, equity, inclusion, and justice.
Mass Audubon adopted its ambitious Action Agenda in March 2021, setting the direction and priorities for the organization over the next five years. The Executive Assistant will support the President in a wide variety of organizational and administrative matters, and serve as a liaison to the Board of Directors, the Mass Audubon Council, and other key constituent groups. Some of these tasks may be complex or confidential in nature.
- Arrange, organize, and supervise Board of Directors and Executive Committee meetings.
- Prepare and distribute Board and Executive Committee meeting packets and briefing materials, and prepare presentations as needed.
- Record and distribute minutes of Board of Directors and Executive Committee meetings.
- Serve as the liaison with staff, Board of Directors, and Council. Provide information about and access to Board of Directors for other staff as needed.
- Plan, organize, and attend all Board of Directors functions. Plan, supervise, or attend social events emanating from the President's Office.
- Prepare and distribute background information about Mass Audubon to the Board of Directors and to others as requested.
- Oversee, manage, and coordinate President's schedule. Support President by preparing background information, briefings, and other meeting related information.
- Prepare President's Office and the Board of Directors budgets for President review and final approval. Manage budget for President's Office and for Board of Directors and monitor President's Contingency Fund.
- Act as liaison with MAS members and the general public.
- Maintain corporate files of Minutes of Executive Committee and Board of Directors meetings as required by law.
- Organize Mass Audubon’s Annual Meeting and annual Staff Retreat.
- Certify votes and other legal matters as required.
- File state forms annually as required by law.
- Minimum of five years related experience. Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Excellent communicator, with strong coordination skills.
- Strong organizational, writing and editing skills.
- Proficient with current office technologies, including Microsoft Teams, Zoom, and Microsoft Cloud computing services.
- Experience in planning and hosting social events.
- Personal passion for the mission.
Compensation and Benefits
This position’s base salary range is $60,000 - $85,000; actual salary will reflect level of experience and qualifications relative to position requirements. Includes full benefits package.
How to Apply
Please send resume and cover letter to: