Environmental Educator / Teen Program Coordinator - Broadmoor Nature Camp
Join Broadmoor’s team of committed staff who enjoy working and learning together. Broadmoor Nature Camp is seeking enthusiastic staff to work full-time with our outdoor programs. Visit www.massaudubon.org/broadmoorcamp to find Broadmoor’s camp brochure and learn more.
- Design and deliver curriculum including lessons, activities and leadership development opportunities for the Environmental Leadership program for youth ages 13-17, the Environmental Leadership program aims to help teens develop leadership skills, examine community resources, and learn about environmental and social justice issues so they can become climate activists in their communities
- Supervise camper health and safety, pro-actively communicate with caregivers and staff, and provide leadership for campers
- Support teens to create and carry out climate actions in their communities and at Drumlin Farm; connect teens with other youth climate activists
- Facilitate (virtual) final expo for all Environmental Leadership campers to share progress on climate action projects and connect with one another
- Participate in mandated, paid camp training and utilize learning including: natural history, farming, communication, group management, health and safety, and teaching techniques
- Must be at least 20 years old with at least two years’ experience working with youth/children, preferably with a focus on environmental education, social justice, and/or climate action
- Must enjoy working with children/youth, be able to work both cooperatively and independently, be flexible and responsible
- We encourage applicants with a diversity of interests and work experience to apply. Interest or studies in environmental science, education, psychology, biology, agriculture, food justice, or related fields are helpful
- Must have the ability to lead groups over rough terrain
- Demonstrated ability to promote and respect diversity
- Must have community CPR/First Aid certifications current through August 2021 or willing to obtain before June (we will offer a class)
- Must pass background records checks (CORI & SORI)
Compensation and Benefits
Rate of Pay: Beginning at $14.25/hour depending on experience
Monday–Friday, 8 am–4 pm daily
Planned dates: Training: June 7-18 (most days) Program: July 6– August 13
Greater Boston and Framingham residents are strongly encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
References will be requested.
Please send resume and letter of interest by email to: