Lead nature activities and act as a counselor and mentor in a Mass Audubon-lead natural history enrichment program for children ages 7 to 13 at the YMCA Harbor Quest Day Camp located at Forest River Park, Salem, MA. The enrichment program emphasizes group cooperation, nature and science study, project service learning and experiential learning. Education Counselor will work with Camp Enrichment Program Coordinator in collaboration with YMCA staff to develop lessons integrating exploration of open space including forest, wetland and marine ecosystems to connect young community members with nature.
1. At least 18 years of age.
2. Education: Enrollment in or completion of B.A. or B.S. program in education, environmental studies/science or related degree with appropriate work or camp experience.
3. Experience in leading and management of groups of children.
4. Knowledge of local habitats and species preferred.
5. Ability to work cooperatively and independently.
6. Ability to lift 30 pounds.
7. Current certification in First Aid and CPR.
Compensation and Benefits
Salary starting at $14.25/hour
How to Apply
To inquire about this position:
Send cover letter, resume, and three references to:
Ipswich River Wildlife Sanctuary,
87 Perkins Row
Topsfield, Massachusetts, 01983.