Day Camp Nature and Art Counselor
Do you want to spend your summer outside, inspiring a love of art, science, and nature in children? Then this is the job for you!
Visit www.massaudubon.org/about-us/museum-of-american-bird-art/summer-camp to find the Wild at Art Brochure and learn more.
Join the Wild at Art Summer Camp team of committed staff who enjoy working and learning together. The Wild at Art Summer Camp is seeking enthusiastic staff to work full-time with our nature, art, and science camp. Provide guidance, instruction and supervision of campers in accordance with Mass Audubon’s educational goals, American Camp Association standards, and the state’s health and safety regulations. Work cooperatively to plan, prepare and conduct age appropriate lessons and hands-on activities.
Position is scheduled beginning the week of June 14 through August 20.
- Plan, develop, and teach a variety of art, nature, and science hands-on activities, games, crafts and songs.
- Co-lead campers in creating art and exploring our wonderful wildlife sanctuary, including meadows, vernal pools, forests, and streams in small groups.
- Supervise camper health and safety, pro-actively communicate with parents and staff, and provide leadership for campers and counselors in training.
- Supervise campers in before and after camp sessions.
- Training includes natural history, communication, group management, camper health and safety, and teaching techniques specific to the Wild at Art Camp.
- Have experience developing and facilitating engaging programs with children. Have an interest and general knowledge of creative arts and/or natural history.
- Exhibits patience and enthusiasm with children.
- Ideal candidates have experience creating an inclusive environment for people of all abilities.
- Have excellent written and verbal communication with adults.
- Have the ability to lead walks on rough terrain, and develop and implement nature-based games, art explorations and activities.
- Current certification in Community CPR and Basic First Aid required; we can assist you in finding courses.
- Must pass a background records check (CORI and SORI).
Compensation and Benefits
Competitive and commiserate with experience, with hourly salary starting at $14.50/hr
How to Apply
Please email or send cover letter, resume, and a list of 3 references to:
Mass Audubon Museum of American Bird Art
963 Washington Street, Canton, MA 02021