Day Camp Coordinator - Wildwood
The Day Camp Coordinator oversees the staff and campers and all aspects of the Day Camp Program at Wildwood.
- Organize and oversee all aspects of day camp life
- Ensure day camp counselors are looking after camper needs appropriately
- Take responsibility for camper safety and follow emergency procedures as needed
- Lead creative morning meetings
- Supervise counselor and camper behavior and duties during lunch
- Successfully manage all aspects of a safe and timely pick up and drop off routine.
- Manage the schedules of campers and staff.
- Support and mentor Day Camp Counselors
- Ensure counselors are meeting expectations and abiding by policies
- Provide one-on-one feedback to counselors at least once weekly
- Along with an administrator, deliver a mid-season evaluation for each counselor
- Assist counselors in conflict resolution
- Be available regularly to listen to and address counselor concerns
- Contribute to the development of a positive, supportive camp community
- Lead spontaneous activities during unstructured times
- Set appropriate limits and boundaries with campers and counselors
- Show positive tone and patience when communicating with campers and counselors
- Manage camper and counselor behavior in a positive manner according to training
- Act as a positive role model for campers and fellow staff members
- Deliver high-quality program activities
- Facilitate high-quality activities as scheduled
- Arrive on time and fully prepared to lead all scheduled activities
- Generate excitement for programs through personal enthusiasm and skits
- Making topics engaging, fun and educational for participants
- Act as a full participant in the Wildwood community
- Abide by all Wildwood and Mass Audubon policies and procedures
- Strive to maintain a high level of personal health and wellness
- Maintain positive, professional relationships with co-workers
- Perform other duties as assigned
Applicants must have experience working with groups of children and an interest in teaching about the natural environment. Day Camp Coordinator must be at least 21 years of age, hold current First Aid and CPR certifications. Prior management experience and valid driver’s license preferred.
Compensation and Benefits
Salary paid biweekly, comprehensive training, housing and meals for the duration of employment, and other benefits. In addition to the monetary benefits, working at camp provides staff the opportunity to improve communication skills, teambuilding skills and critical thinking. Summer camp is a fast-paced environment where all staff use problem solving skills multiple times a day.
Compensation starting at $3,162 DOE for the season.
Staff training begins the first week of June and camp is over on Monday August 30th 2021. End date may be flexible upon request, however start date is not flexible for quarantine purposes.
More information and job postings available at www.massaudubon.org/workatwildwood
How to Apply
Email Cover Letter, resume and completed Mass Audubon Application to