Counselor In Training Coordinator– Moose Hill
This program is for campers who are ages 14-16 years old. You will have a group of up to 8 campers with whom you will explore various aspects of Leadership with. This program is being developed for our older campers who still want to be at camp, and want to work towards becoming a camp staff or developing their teaching and leadership skills. Each week you will work with these campers to develop their camp knowledge, teaching skills, nature knowledge, and leadership skills. You will lead a variety of teambuilding activities, a leadership survey, and hikes and explorations around the property. The CIT’s will also help develop a few activities each week at camp for the younger campers and help set up all camp games. This program will challenge you as a staff member.
Training includes nature study as well as teaching techniques. To discover more about our CIT program, check out our website, Moose Hill Camp!
- Applicants must be at least 20 years of age. 19 with a LOT of experience;
- Have experience working with and enjoy being with and teaching teens;
- Have the ability to facilitate discussions about leadership and followership;
- Preferred applicants have previous camp experience and outdoor experience;
- Be willing to learn a lot about leadership and group dynamics;
- Must have ability to design and implement nature-based activities including group bonding games;
- Preferred applicants are studying or have a degree in education, or outdoor recreation;
- Current certification in CPR and first aid is required (training opportunity provided);
- Must pass a background records check (CORI, SORI and driver’s).
- Provide documented proof of immunity or vaccination record (MMR, tetanus, etc.) and complete the camp’s health form and waiver.
Compensation and Benefits
Rate of Pay: $16.50 per hour.
Schedule: Monday – Friday, 42-45 hours a week. June 1-June 11 is Staff Training and all new staff are expected to attend this training. Camp runs from June 14 - August 27 with an option to work until September 3rd, 2021.
How to Apply
When crafting your cover letter, please answer the following questions.
1) What is your realistic availability from June 1 through September 3rd? What time off will you need, end of school, family vacations, etc.
2) What is something you are passionate about?
3) If you had a tennis ball, a bandana, a bird feather, and a stick what is a game or activity you could create to play with a group of 8-10 campers. You pick the age.
4) What might set you apart from all the other people who are applying for a position here?
5) What is an environmental topic that you are interested in teaching about?
6) What would you want to be known for at camp? A song? An activity? What would staff and campers remember you for?
7) What do you do to connect with Nature?
8) What would you do to make camp memorable for the campers?
Please email your resume and letter of interest to: