Community Engagement Coordinator
The Community Engagement Coordinator develops and implements young adult and adult programming aimed at fostering and growing community partnerships in Southeastern Massachusetts along the South Coast including in the communities of Fall River, New Bedford, and Wareham. The Community Engagement Coordinator serves as a member of Mass Audubon’s South East team (covering Plymouth and Bristol County), engaging both internal and external stakeholders, ensuring educational and outreach outcomes, and promoting Mass Audubon’s mission of protecting the nature of Massachusetts for wildlife and people. The work will be guided by Mass Audubon’s recently approved Strategic Plan and the statewide Education Department’s program frameworks. We are looking for an experienced young adult and/or adult educator who is enthusiastic, highly motivated, dedicated to urban environmental education and climate change education, as well as dedicated to partnership building. The ideal candidate will support Mass Audubon’s commitment to equity and justice and bring a diverse range of experiences, expressions, and views to their work. BIPOC candidates and residents of Fall River and New Bedford, MA are encouraged to apply.
The following items are representative of the position, including but not limited to:
- Develop, coordinate and deliver educational programs for young adult (high school and college) and adult audiences.
- Create new curricula, in alignment with Mass Audubon Education Department frameworks and best practices, for use in outreach education that can be delivered throughout the community.
- Work closely with a team of statewide educators and the Climate Change Education Manager to plan and coordinate the region’s Youth Climate Leadership Programs.
- Work closely with partners to co-create programming that meet their needs, the participants’ needs and further Mass Audubon’s mission.
- Implement and evaluate new and existing programs.
- Cultivate lasting partnerships with local municipal officials, colleges, community organizations.
- Initiate strategies for promoting and facilitating community relations between Mass Audubon and local community leaders and identify new outreach opportunities.
- Obtain, organize, and record all relevant data related to each program and initiative including communities served, attendance, names of partners, and feedback gathered from each program.
- Assist with the planning and development of new programs and activities.
- Implement formative assessment tools for programs. Analyze results for evaluation and communicate outcomes to partners and staff.
- Perform additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Experience working with and building authentic partnerships with a variety of audiences including adults, college students, community groups, and families.
- Bachelor’s degree in education, community engagement, environmental studies, or related field and at least four years relevant experience.
- Fluent Portuguese and/or Spanish speaker strongly preferred.
- Strong organizational, time management, oral, and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills, including the ability to build relationships and deal tactfully with community partners, students, volunteers and staff.
- Ability to work with diverse groups and exercise cultural competence and inclusion.
- Communicate in a manner that gains the trust and support of others at all levels.
- Strive for collaboration. Work cooperatively, as a positive contributor to the team.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously and work independently.
- Proficiency in standard business software, such as Microsoft Office or G Suite.
- Position requires successful completion of a CORI and SORI.
- Have a Valid driver’s license.
Compensation and Benefits
The Community Engagement Coordinator is a full-time position, 40 hours/week and includes a full benefits package.
Starting Salary Range: $22 to $25/hour.
The standard work schedule for this position is 40 hours per week Monday through Friday. However, the position requires a great deal of flexibility and the ability to work some weekends and occasional evenings to meet the needs of the program and organization.
How to Apply
Please send email with subject line Community Engagement Coordinator and cover letter and resume to: