Community Engagement Coordinator
We are looking for an experienced youth educator who is enthusiastic, highly motivated, dedicated to urban environmental education and deeply committed to equity in access to nature for all. The Framingham Community Engagement Coordinator works in partnership with Framingham District Schools and other Framingham community organizations to develop and implement youth-driven programming aimed at fostering and growing community partnerships in Framingham, MA. The Community Engagement Coordinator serves as a member of Mass Audubon’s Metro West Team, engaging both internal and external stakeholders, ensuring educational and outreach outcomes, and promoting Mass Audubon’s mission of protecting the nature of Massachusetts for wildlife and people. The ideal candidate will also support Mass Audubon’s commitment to equity and justice and bring a diverse range of experiences, expressions, and views to their work.
The following items are representative of the position, including but not limited to:
- Work with Metro West School Programs Coordinator and in partnership with Framingham Out of School Time staff to develop, coordinate and deliver educational after school and summer programs to school children in Framingham.
- Create new curricula, in alignment with Mass Audubon Education Department frameworks and best practices, principles of positive youth development, and unique community needs.
- Work closely with partners to co-create programming that meet their needs, the students’ needs and furthers Mass Audubon’s mission.
- Cultivate lasting partnerships with Framingham-based teachers, administrators and community organizations.
- Initiate strategies for promoting and facilitating positive community relations between Mass Audubon and local community leaders, and identify new outreach opportunities.
- Obtain, organize, and record all relevant data related to each program and initiative including communities served, attendance, names of partners, and feedback gathered from each program.
- Assist with the planning and development of new programs and activities.
- Facilitate professional development opportunities for Framingham out of school time staff and other community partners that address the needs of the community and further Mass Audubon’s mission.
- Perform additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Experience working with a variety of young audiences, including school groups (preK-12) community groups, and families.
- Experience teaching in K-12, classrooms and/or afterschool/community programs and knowledge of the Massachusetts curriculum standards.
- At least four years relevant experience in education, community engagement, environmental studies, or related field; bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience preferred.
- Fluency in Portuguese or Spanish strongly preferred.
- Strong organizational, time management, oral, and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills, including the ability to build relationships and deal tactfully with community partners, students, volunteers and staff.
- Strong skills and experience working with diverse groups.
- Ability to exercise cultural competence, and implement best practices in inclusion.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude and work collaboratively, as a positive contributor to the team.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously and work independently.
- Proficiency in standard business software, such as Microsoft Office or G Suite.
- Position requires successful completion of a CORI and SORI.
- Have a valid driver’s license.
Compensation and Benefits
The Community Engagement Coordinator is a salaried, full-time position with 40 hours/week, $20.00/hour and includes a full benefit package.
The standard work schedule for this position is 40 hours per week Monday through Friday. However, the position requires some flexibility and the ability to work occasional weekends and evenings to meet the needs of the program and organization.
Framingham community members, people of color, and/or bilingual candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
Please send letter of interest and resume to: