Coastal Waterbird Program Education Specialist
Mass Audubon is seeking to fill a seasonal Education Specialist position to design and implement programs for youth, families, and adults focused on the biology, monitoring, management and protection of coastal birds and other natural resources. Time may be used to assist with the coordination, preparation, and marketing of these educational programs and special events. For more information, visit www.massaudubon.org/cwp.
Prepare and teach educational programs to youth, families, and adults.
- Assist in the development and delivery of educational activities related to festivals, events, camps, and schools.
- Assist in the development of educational activities for school, camp and group programs.
- Maintain updated educational supplies, curricula, instructional materials, and resources.
- Assist in the evaluation of programs and other related activities.
- Attend meetings and trainings related to the work of the Coastal Waterbird Program, as assigned.
- Assist in the scheduling and advertisement of programs.
- Communicate with schools, camps, and other partners regarding education programs and scheduling.
- Instruct and direct duties and schedule of education trainee.
- Perform informal education and outreach on Boston area beaches.
- Travel to different beaches, schools, and program locations in the Greater Boston area as directed.
- Become oriented with the goals and methods of the Coastal Waterbird Program and the biology and protection of coastal birds as it relates to Mass Audubon’s work on the Boston-area beaches and the Massachusetts coast line.
Bachelor’s degree in education, biological sciences, earth science, environmental studies, or equivalent, and a minimum of 1 year of experience in conducting educational programs.
- Applicants must have strong interpersonal skills and ability to relate to a diverse range of people and exercise cultural competence and inclusion
- Must be able to work long hours outside in all weather conditions and be able to lift and carry up to 40lbs across varied and sandy terrain.
- Must be willing to work weekends, holidays, and irregular hours (dependent upon programming and weather).
- Must have access to a vehicle for daily driving between sites.
- Must pass a background records check (CORI, SORI and driver’s).
Compensation and Benefits
Rate of pay: $14.50-15.50/hour depending on experience. Reimbursement for field travel will be provided.
How to Apply
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible, as interviews will begin immediately. Position to be filled as soon as possible.
Please send a cover letter resume and list of three references via email to: