Camp Program Assistant and Staff Substitute
Join Broadmoor’s team of committed staff who enjoy working and learning together. Broadmoor Nature Camp is seeking enthusiastic staff to work full-time with our outdoor programs. Visit www.massaudubon.org/broadmoorcamp to find Broadmoor’s camp brochure and learn more.
- Co-lead small groups of campers ages 4-14 in exploring fields, forests and marsh, and hiking trails, and assist with delivering hands-on nature activities, games, songs, and crafts.
- Supervise camper health and safety, pro-actively communicate with caregivers and staff, and provide leadership for campers and teen Counselors-in-Training.
- Fill in as a substitute educator for absent staff at the request of the camp director.
- Participate in mandated, paid camp training and utilize learning including: natural history, communication, group management, health and safety, and teaching techniques.
- Must be at least 20 years old with at least two years’ experience supervising children
- Must enjoy working with children and convey that enthusiasm; be patient, friendly, flexible and able to work in a team or independently
- Demonstrated ability to create and support an inclusive environment for people of all abilities and backgrounds
- Have the ability to lead walks on rough terrain, and develop and implement nature-based games, crafts, explorations and activities
- Current certification in Community CPR and Basic First Aid required; we can assist you in finding courses
- Helpful to have interest or studies in education, psychology, environmental education or life/earth sciences, or have equivalent work experience
- Must pass a background records check (CORI and SORI)
Compensation and Benefits
Hourly salary starting at $13.75/hr, based on experience and position requirements.
Days and hours will vary, 32 hours weekly scheduled between Monday and Friday
Planned dates: June 7– August 13
Greater Boston and Framingham residents are strongly encouraged to apply.
References will be requested.
How to Apply
Send resume and letter of interest by email to: