Camp Nurse - Drumlin Farm
We are seeking a caring Registered Nurse (or higher) who is interested in working with children and being outdoors to work at Drumlin Farm Camp in Lincoln, MA.
The Camp Nurse, working along with the Health Care Supervisor is responsible for promoting the general health and safety of the entire camp, including staff and campers ages 4-17. Join a positive, welcoming staff community of people who enjoy learning and working together in a beautiful place and sharing their love of nature.
- Provides first aid and nursing care in cases of illness or accident for campers and staff
- Administers medication and keeps camper and staff medications during the day
- Sets up health center, maintains clean and welcoming environment, manages inventory including first aid kits
- Collects, retains, and reviews health records and communicates special needs to relevant staff
- Communicates with families about health records, special needs, and health and safety questions
- Maintains healthcare log, incident logs, and all health center documentation
- Candidate must hold current license as an RN or higher qualification, and have documented experience working with children/youth
- Must have strong communication skills to work with families, youth and staff, as well as to communicate professionally about confidential camper needs
- Must have computer skills to maintain healthcare and incident logs using online healthcare document systems
- Must be able to move about the property on uneven terrain, and work both independently and as part of a team
- Current CPR, First Aid and nursing certifications required
- Demonstrated ability to promote and respect diversity
- Must pass background records checks (CORI & SORI)
Compensation and Benefits
Rate of Pay: Beginning at $30/hour depending on experience
Monday– Friday, 8 am – 4pm
Training: June 14– 18 Camp: June 22– August 27
Greater Boston and Worcester residents are strongly encouraged to apply. Every inquiry will be treated confidentially. A detailed job description is available upon request.
How to Apply
Please email your resume, cover letter, and three references to: