Camp Counselors - Stony Brook Day Camp
Look no further for the best summer job you will ever have! Stony Brook Day Camp, a Mass Audubon camp, is looking for some outstanding day camp instructors for the summer of 2021! Are you looking for a stimulating and rewarding experience where you can make a difference in a child's life? Then this is the place for you! Have fun exploring our 240 acre sanctuary and the diversity of life found in our ponds, marshes, meadows and forests with small groups of campers ranging in age from 5-11.
Our staff are role models to our campers and committed to the highest possible standards. Join our staff for the opportunity to meet some great kids and colleagues! It is truly is the hardest job you will ever love, and one which will make memories that last a lifetime! Instructors share in all camp activities including the supervision of campers' health and safety; and works cooperatively to create age-appropriate lessons, games and crafts.
Applicants must be at least 18 years of age or have two years camp experience in a leadership role. Have an interest and general knowledge of natural history and/or education and at least 2 years of experience working with and enjoy being with children; have the ability to lead groups over rough terrain. Preferred applicants are studying or have a degree in a life science or education Must be able to work both cooperatively and independently. Current certification in Red Cross Community CPR and First Aid or an equivalent current certification is required (training opportunities provided).
Compensation and Benefits
Earn from $14.00 – $14.20 per hour depending on experience. No housing available.
Schedule: Training begins June 14, 2021 (some flexibility may be granted). Camp runs Monday-Friday June 21- August 27 (some flexibility may be granted).
How to Apply
When crafting your cover letter, please answer the following questions.
1) What is your realistic availability from June 14th through August 27th? What time off will you need, end of school, family vacations, etc.
2) What is something you are passionate about?
3) If you had a tennis ball, a bandana, a bird feather, and a stick what is a game or activity you could create to play with a group of 8-10 campers. You pick the age.
4) What might set you apart from all the other people who are applying for a position here?
5) What is an environmental topic that you are interested in teaching about?
6) What is one talent you think you could share with our camp community?
7) What would you do to make camp memorable for the campers?
Please email your resume and letter of interest to:
Stony Brook Nature Center
108 North Street
Norfolk, MA 02056