Bear Cubs Counselor (1 position)
Assist with planning, developing, and teaching children ages 4.5 – 6 years old about the natural world that surrounds them. Each day will feature a theme that includes time outdoors exploring the sanctuary as well as time for arts and craft and games.
- applicants should be at least 18 years of age,
- have at least 4 weeks of previous child care experience/ experience in working with children in a supervisory role,
- have a strong interest and/or experience in the natural sciences, environmental education, education, or other field related to child care/development,
- have certification in First Aid and CPR by the first day of employment (training available),
- have the ability to work cooperatively and independently and effective communication skills,
- have enthusiasm, a sense of humor, patience, and self-control,
- have the ability to navigate over unimproved terrain, in streams and ponds, and to assist campers in an emergency,
- CORI/ SORI background checks required.
Compensation and Benefits
Salary: $14 per hour
Camp dates: Tuesday – Thursday only
- June 22 – 24
- June 29 – July 1
- July 27 – 29
- Aug 10 - 12
Training: May 31 – June 11, 2021
Hours: 8:30 am – 1:30 pm + 1 hour prep pre day
How to Apply
Please e-mail cover letter, resume, and a list of 3 references to:
Mass Audubon's Broad Meadow Brook Conservation Center and Wildlife Sanctuary
414 Massasoit Rd.
Worcester, MA 01604