Beach Parking and Visitor Attendant (Two 12hr positions) - Long Pasture
The Beach Parking and Visitor Attendant performs a variety of beach parking lot and customer service attendant duties to meet the State and Mass Audubon requirements and policies for public use of Long Pasture sanctuary grounds. He/she consistently represents Mass Audubon in a positive and constructive manner with visitors and allows for the safe recreation of our visitors. All tasks will be done in an outdoor environment consistent with social distance policies.
This is a temporary unbenefited position for two individuals. Each hire will work two (2) 6hr days as scheduled (will include one weekend day) for total of 12 hours a week from May 24th to September 6th.
- Maintain proper parking levels:
- Meet visitor cars when entering the sanctuary and turn away additional cars when sanctuary quotas have been met.
- Maintain proper participant numbers:
- Maintaining parking lot quota
- Monitoring beach and other high use areas periodically including walking beach several times during scheduled hours and to pick up any litter.
- Ensure the safety of and adherence to social distance guideline by visitors to the sanctuary.
- This may include; reminding visitors to wear masks, providing information about open and closed area and expectations of trail and beach etiquette.
- Provide efficient and courteous service to the public by offering information about the site to visitors and responding to other visitor service requests.
- Direct visitors to admissions fee stations and promote and validate membership.
- High school diploma and at least two years of equivalent related experience.
- Ability to carry out routine site security.
- A demonstrated ability to work well with other staff, volunteers, and community representatives and to relate to a diverse range of people and exercise cultural competence and inclusion.
- Requires successful completion of a CORI and SORI.
Compensation and Benefits
Starting salary: $13.50
Employee will be working outdoors and asked to stand for long periods of time and to traverse uneven trails and sandy beaches. Wearing a mask at all times while on the property.
Work is performed outdoors with exposure to weather/temperature extremes and periods of traversing uneven terrain. Work may require performing responsibilities on evenings, weekends, and holidays.
How to Apply
Please no phone or in-person correspondences
Send resume and cover letter to:
Kathleen Roche, Discovery Center Office Manager
Long Pasture Wildlife Sanctuary
PO Box 235
Cummaquid, MA 02637 or email: