Assistant Preschool Director
Mass Audubon is looking for an energetic, organized, team-oriented Assistant Preschool Director to work closely with the Preschool Director perform the day-to-day duties of preschool operations and to ensure an overall positive, welcoming, enriching, and safe setting for our preschoolers and staff. Mass Audubon is looking for an Assistant Director who demonstrates a deep respect for children age 3-5 and who has the ability to work collaboratively with a dynamic team of talented teachers. The position begins in August 2021 and requires the ability to work three days a week totaling 20 hours per week for 40 weeks. We follow a developmentally appropriate, inquiry-based, emergent curriculum based on current research and knowledge of child development, while adhering to Massachusetts Department of Early Education and Care regulations. This is a wonderful opportunity to work in a beautiful outdoor setting in a caring community.
- Assist the Director with preschool administration tasks such as enrollment, children’s files, ordering, communication with families, etc.
- Support the implementation of a curriculum that reflects the needs of the children, developmentally appropriate standards for early childhood education and the mission of Mass Audubon.
- Support classroom teachers by providing program coverage during absences and meal breaks.
- Help maintain the physical environment by contributing to housekeeping tasks as needed.
- Willingness to spend time outdoors with the students during all seasons, except in high winds, extreme cold, rain or sleet.
- Participate in pre-determined admissions and community events.
- Maintain schedule as determined by the Preschool Director and applicant. This is a part time position totaling 20 hours per week. Additional hours are available as needed for participation in school events.
- Other duties as required.
- MA EEC Preschool Lead Teacher and Director I certification or willing to attain prior to start date.
- Experience and educational background in early childhood and environmental science education preferred.
- Familiarity with inquiry-based education and a constructivist, project based approach.
- Familiarity with state early childhood standards and MA Department of Early Education and Care licensing requirements or willingness to learn.
- Detail oriented with excellent computer, verbal and written communication skills and ability to work cooperatively and independently required.
- Demonstrated ability to promote and respect diversity of ethnic, cultural, linguistic backgrounds and, physical and mental disabilities.
- A strong interest in helping our program grow to meet the needs of working families.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills and commitment to helping others grow in understanding of and concern for the environment and people’s relationship to it.
- Ability to work some school vacations and summer hours preferred.
- Ability to lead walks on trails and be outside for extended periods of time.
- Requires successful completion of a CORI and SORI, and First Aid/CPR certification.
This position is for 20 hours /three days per week, most likely Monday, Wednesday and Friday, starting August 2021 and ending June 2022.
We kindly request that you do not call to inquire about the status of your application. Those candidates chosen for interviews will be contacted.
How to Apply
Please send resume and cover letter to: