Assistant Nature and Farm Educator / Day Camp Counselor – for Ages 7-14
Drumlin Farm Camp is full of outdoor exploration, farmyard activities, teambuilding, games, and much more. We are looking for staff to teach campers about farming, nature and wildlife of Massachusetts. You’ll work with other educators to supervise campers, create a welcoming, fun atmosphere, and plan and teach nature and farm-based activities.
Join a positive, welcoming staff community in a beautiful place to share your love of nature with children and youth! Campers are ages 4-17 and are divided into small groups by age to participate in one or two-week sessions.
- Co-lead small groups of campers ages 7-14 in exploring the farm, fields, forests and pond, and hiking trails, and assist with delivering hands-on activities, games, songs, and crafts.
- Supervise camper health and safety, pro-actively communicate with caregivers and staff, and provide leadership for campers and teen Counselors-in-Training.
- Fill in as a substitute educator for absent staff at the request of the camp director.
- Participate in mandated, paid camp training and utilize learning including: natural history, communication, group management, health and safety, and teaching techniques.
- Must be at least 18 years old with at least one season’s experience working with children
- Must enjoy working with children/youth, be able to work both cooperatively and independently, be flexible and responsible
- We encourage applicants with a diversity of interests and work experience to apply. Interest or studies in environmental science, education, psychology, biology, agriculture, food justice, or related fields are helpful.
- Must have the ability to lead groups over rough terrain
- Demonstrated ability to promote and respect diversity
- Must have community CPR/First Aid certifications current through August 2021 or willing to obtain before June (we will offer a class).
- Must pass background records checks (CORI & SORI)
Compensation and Benefits
Rate of Pay: Beginning at $13.50/hour depending on experience
Monday– Friday, 8 am – 4pm
Training (paid): June 7– 18 Summer Camp: June 21– Aug 13 (more dates through Sept 2 if you’re available)
Greater Boston and Worcester residents are strongly encouraged to apply. Every inquiry will be treated confidentially. A detailed job description is available upon request.
How to Apply
Please email your resume, cover letter, and three references to