Assistant Camp Director, Wachusett Meadow
Wachusett Meadow Day camp is looking for an Assistant Camp Director. The Assistant Camp Director will work closely with the camp director in planning, managing and executing a safe and fun camp for campers ages 3.5-17. They will be required to plan, prepare, and conduct age appropriate lessons and hands-on activities when needed. They will provide support, energy, motivation, and a fun and friendly atmosphere to the camp and camp staff. Specific duties include leading and organizing our Counselor in Training (CIT) program as well as photographing campers and counselors and organizing the camps photos.
- Must be at least 21 years old;
- Have a valid drivers license, approved driving record and willingness to drive a 12-passanger van;
- Experience working at a camp or school and enjoy working with children;
- Exhibit a sense of humor, patience, self-control and an enthusiastic attitude for camp;
- Current certification in CPR/First Aid or willingness to obtain is required;
- Demonstrated ability to work with and communicate effectively with all people;
- Effective communication skills and effective computer skills;
- Basic photography and simple photographic editing skills;
- Have the ability to lead groups over rough terrain;
- Knowledge and interest in the nature of Central Massachusetts is preferred;
- Must pass a background records check (CORI and SORI).
Compensation and Benefits
Rate of Pay: $16.50 - $18.00/hr based on experience.
No housing available. Training is provided.
Duration: Training begins May 24. (Some flexibility may be granted)
Camp runs June 14-August 20, M-F 8:30-5:00
How to Apply
Please send (email preferred) your cover letter, resume and names, addresses and phone numbers of three references to:
Wachusett Meadow Wildlife Sanctuary
113 Goodnow Rd
Princeton, MA 01541