Arts & Crafts Specialist - Wildwood
Wildwood is a place for all. All staff are expected to embrace the individuals that make our camp special.
Unit counselors live and work directly with campers and strive to provide a safe and positive environment in which campers grow both personally and socially and explore the natural environment. Counselors also teach a variety of nature activities, arts and crafts, games and songs.
In addition to the responsibilities of unit counselor the Arts and Crafts specialist will be in charge of the Arts & Crafts program at Wildwood.
- Ensure physical and emotional safety of campers
- Ensure campers’ basic needs (food, water, health, sleep) are met each day
- Supervise campers effectively during cabin, meal, program and transition times
- Clearly communicate expectations
- Set appropriate limits and boundaries with campers
- Manage camper behavior in a positive manner according to training
- Follow emergency procedures according to training
- Deliver high-quality program activities
- Facilitate high-quality NGs, DGs, OATs activities and EPs as scheduled
- Arrive on time and fully prepared to lead all scheduled activities
- Generate excitement for programs through personal enthusiasm and skits
- Making topics engaging, fun and educational for participants
- Ensure that the Arts & Crafts building is kept clean
- Responsible for keeping track of supplies and ordering when needed
- Act as a full participant in the Wildwood community
- Create a system to ensure that the arts and crafts building is kept clean and tidy at all times.
- Work closely with the Naturalist to provide quality nature group art programs
- Abide by all Wildwood and Mass Audubon policies and procedures
- Strive to maintain a high level of personal health and wellness
- Maintain positive, professional relationships with co-workers
- Perform other duties as assigned
Applicants must have a strong desire to provide arts programing with a focus on the environment. Applicants must be 21 and have a valid driver’s license. Must have a desire to lead art activities in a camp setting. A qualified applicant will have experience working with children in an arts program either in a camp, school or after school program setting. Must be first Aid/CPR certified prior to starting camp.
The physical demands listed are representative of those that must be met by the Arts & Crafts specialist to successfully perform the essential functions of the position. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is required to talk, hear, sit, stand, and walk. Often the Arts & Crafts Specialist is required to bend/stoop, crawl/kneel, carry, reach, push/pull, walk and run over uneven terrain, and lift up to 40 lbs. An Arts & Crafts Specialist is required to apply limited manual dexterity in combination with eye-hand coordination to manipulate outdoor equipment and perform camp activities. Work will be done in all weather conditions including heat, humidity, sun and rain.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that the employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job. Routinely, work is performed within a typical outdoor setting with exposure to weather/temperature extremes and extended periods of traversing uneven terrain.
Compensation and Benefits
Salary paid biweekly, comprehensive training, housing and meals for the duration of employment, and other benefits. Compensation starting at $3,365 DOE for the season. In addition to the monetary benefits, working at camp provides staff the opportunity to improve communication skills, teambuilding skills and critical thinking. Summer camp is a fast-paced environment where all staff use problem solving skills multiple times a day.
Staff training begins the first week of June and camp is over on Monday August 30th 2021. End date may be flexible upon request, however start date is not flexible for quarantine purposes.
More information and job postings available at www.massaudubon.org/workatwildwood
How to Apply
Email Resume and Cover letter to [email protected] &