Administrative Assistant / Visitors Services
Mass Audubon is looking for an energetic, organized, team-oriented Administrative Assistant/Visitor Services Lead to coordinate and perform the day-to-day duties of visitor engagement operations and to ensure an overall positive, welcoming, enriching, and safe experience to all of our members, visitors, and guests. The Visitor Services Lead is specifically responsible for ensuring and providing excellent customer service while greeting and registering visitors in person and by phone, providing orientation to the sanctuary, directing visitors throughout the property and trail systems, answering questions about events and programs, monitoring building and grounds, introducing visitors to the many benefits of Mass Audubon membership, and generally educating guests about Mass Audubon. The Visitor Services Lead has an important and integral role as a welcoming, customer-oriented ambassador of Mass Audubon properties, programs, and mission.
- Greet and provide information to members, visitors, and guests regarding visitor center, sanctuary, trails, programs, gift shop merchandise, membership status and Mass Audubon in general.
- Answer phone calls/monitor voice mails as well as sanctuary emails and provide information, guidance and direction.
- Process program registrations.
- Schedules, trains, and supervises part time staff and volunteers in visitor services role.
- Update visitor signage, brochures and bulletin board information.
- Ability to understand, promote and process membership applications.
- Ability to use cash register, credit card machine and membership kiosk for program registrations, admissions, memberships, and gift shop sales.
- Monitor radio and be prepared to serve as primary communication point-of-contact in case of emergency per standing policies and procedures.
- Work with Property staff to communicate trail conditions to visitors.
- Ability to work weekends and holidays sometimes as lead administrator.
- Occasionally assist during special events.
- Other duties as required.
- Must be at least 18 years of age. Associates degree or equivalent experience.
- Customer Service/Visitor Service or retail experience preferred.
- Excellent people skills and enthusiasm for a team working environment.
- The energy and flexibility to work in a fast-passed, shared office environment.
- Organized with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Office skills including desktop and laptop computer, copier, scanning and phone system.
- Experience with varied computer software programs (Office 365, Outlook, Word, Excel, Teams)
- A demonstrated ability to work well with other staff, volunteers, and community representatives as well as independently when necessary.
- Ability to relate to a diverse range of people and exercise cultural competence and inclusion.
- Requires successful completion of a CORI and SORI.
This is a full time position and includes a full benefits package.
We kindly request that you do not call to inquire about the status of your application. Those candidates chosen for interviews will be contacted.
How to Apply
Please send resume and cover letter to: