Administrative Assistant / Visitors Services
Mass Audubon is looking for an energetic, organized, team-oriented Administrative Assistant/Visitor Services Lead to coordinate and perform the day-to-day duties of visitor engagement operations and to ensure an overall positive, welcoming, enriching, and safe experience to all of our members, visitors, and guests. The Visitor Services Lead is specifically responsible for ensuring and providing excellent customer service while greeting and registering visitors in person and by phone, answering questions about events and programs, monitoring building and grounds, introducing visitors to the many benefits of Mass Audubon membership, and generally educating people about Mass Audubon. The Visitor Services Lead has an important and integral role as a welcoming, customer-oriented ambassador of Mass Audubon properties, programs, and mission.
- Make information available to members, visitors, and guests regarding visitor center, programs, and Mass Audubon in general.
- Answer phone calls/monitor voice mails and provide information, guidance, and direction.
- Assist with program registrations.
- Recruit, schedule, train, and supervise part time staff and volunteers.
- Manage a small gift shop, including buying, merchandising, and point-of-sale system operation.
- Update visitor signage, brochures and bulletin board information.
- Understand and promote membership opportunities.
- Process program registrations, admissions, memberships, and gift shop sales.
- Assist with marketing and communication including on social media.
- Monitor and maintain buildings, parking lot, and grounds for cleanliness.
- Assist in maintaining protocols in accordance with COVID-19 compliance plan.
- Occasionally assist during special events.
- Other duties as required.
- Must be at least 18 years of age. Associates degree or equivalent experience.
- Customer Service/Visitor Service experience preferred.
- Excellent people skills and enthusiasm for a team working environment.
- Organized with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Office skills including computer, copier, scanning, and phone system.
- Experience with varied computer software programs (Office 365, Outlook, Word, Excel).
- A demonstrated ability to work well with other staff, volunteers, and community representatives as well as independently when necessary.
- Retail experience preferred.
- Ability to relate to a diverse range of people and exercise cultural competence and inclusion.
- Requires successful completion of a CORI and SORI.
Compensation and Benefits
This is a full time position and includes a full benefits package.
This is position is 40 hours per week, Tuesday through Friday plus one weekend day.
We kindly request that you do not call to inquire about the status of your application. Those candidates chosen for interviews will be contacted.
How to Apply
Please submit cover letter and resume to: