Administrative Assistant/Office Manager II
Ensure effective operation of Nature Center by performing a variety of administrative tasks, secretarial duties, and visitor services and volunteer management activities, including some which may be complex or confidential in nature. The Office Manager has diverse responsibilities, including a leadership administrative role working closely with the Sanctuary Director and support of the Education and Property Departments in managing smooth, well-organized operations.
This is a full-time, 40 hour per week position.
- Perform a variety of office management and administrative duties (i.e.: maintain office and computer files; handle phone calls; reply to routine correspondence; route incoming mail; prepare and share meeting minutes, etc.).
- Manage all financial data including invoice payment, receivables, budget reconciliations, Quickbooks entries, and cash receipts. Assist Sanctuary Director and Education Coordinator with budget preparations.
- Assist Mass Audubon Human Resources Department by onboarding new employees and volunteers, closing out staff employments, and preparing seasonal and part-time bi-weekly payroll for submission to headquarters.
- Manage On-line Public Registration (OPR) system for Felix Neck and advertising and outreach efforts for programs, events and activities.
- Serve as summer camp and preschool registrar.
- Recruit, train and manage volunteers; prepare Annual and Fiscal Year Volunteer Reports.
- Work with Mass Audubon headquarters staff to implement statewide initiatives for membership, volunteer, and information security.
- Manage/assist with fundraising or other special events and activities.
- Respond or direct requests for detailed information, e.g. sanctuary facilities, directions, programs, natural history calls.
- Supervise maintenance of office equipment including computers, printers, copiers, and phone system.
- Attend Mass Audubon statewide meetings and trainings.
- Attend staff meetings, take minutes, and keep informed of program and staff schedules.
- Oversee gift shop ordering and inventory.
- Occasional weekend, holiday, and evening hours. Fall Festival (day after Thanksgiving) is required.
- Other duties as necessary.
- Ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced environment with lots of interruptions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer relations skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail and a highly organized approach.
- Ability to work both collaboratively and independently.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlooks and Publisher) and QuickBooks.
- Experience managing social media and electronic newsletters desirable.
- BA or equivalent experience.
- Successful candidates must pass a background record check (CORI and SORI) and have a valid driver’s license.
Compensation and Benefits
This position comes with a full benefits package, including health insurance, vacation and 403b. Pay ranges from $18-$20 per hour.
How to Apply
Please email your resume and cover letter to: