Jobs at Wellfleet Bay
Mass Audubon offers a work environment that is challenging, yet flexible. Our compensation and benefits program is competitive, including a 403(b) plan and generous paid time off. Every inquiry will be treated confidentially. Mass Audubon is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Coastal Waterbird Field Assistant I - Wellfleet Bay
Mass Audubon is seeking to fill seasonal Field Assistant I positions to conduct research, monitoring, management, and protection of coastal birds and other natural resources. For more information, visit www.massaudubon.org/cwp
Full-time and part-time positions available from May through mid August.
- Collect biological data on nesting, foraging and migrating species of coastal waterbirds including abundance and distribution of target species
- Accomplish the wildlife management and education objectives of the Coastal Waterbird Program
- Assist with sanctuary-based coastal waterbird work throughout the region
- Assist in management of databases including abundance, productivity and behavioral data; create GIS/Google Earth maps of coastal resources
- Assist in compilation of data for state plover, tern, and oystercatcher census forms and write summary reports for specific sites on results and management activities
- Applicants should be working toward a B.S. or B.A. in environmental science or related field, or equivalent experience
- Prior experience in avian field research and management preferred
- Applicants must have strong interpersonal skills
- Must be able to work long hours outside in all weather conditions and be able to lift and carry up to 40lbs across varied and sandy terrain
- Must be willing to work weekends, holidays, and irregular hours (dependent upon wildlife and weather)
- Must have access to a vehicle for daily driving between sites
- Must pass a background records check (CORI, SORI and driver’s)
Compensation and Benefits
Rate of pay is $11.00-$12.00/hour depending on experience. Housing may be available for payroll deduction of $25-$35/wk. Field travel reimbursement will be provided.
This position will cover field sites from Truro to Chatham.
In addition to submitting your resume, cover letter and references, please complete a short cover page questionnaire at http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/coastalbirdjobs; your application will not be processed without completion/receipt of the items above. Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible, as interviews will begin in January, and positions will be filled by Mar 1, 2018.
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter (specify position(s) for which you are applying and dates of availability), resume and list of three references via email to: