Campground at Wellfleet Bay
Family camping at Wellfleet Bay offers the natural world of the sanctuary for exploration and enjoyment! Camping is available only to Mass Audubon members and does not offer many of the perquisites of recreational camping (see rules below).
Please Note: Everyone in your camping group must be Mass Audubon members at the time your reservation is made.
10 campsites, restrooms with flush toilets and hot-water showers; picnic tables and trash barrels
July 3 – October 1, 2021
$330 per week/6-night stay (Saturday–Friday)
- Check-in is on Saturday only, between 11:00 am–3:00 pm.
- Check-out is on or before Friday, no later than 10:00 am.
Camping is available for members of Mass Audubon only and membership must be active at the time the reservation is made. To request a campsite reservation, download the "Campground Reservation, Rules, & Regulations" form below and submit via regular mail with full payment (or contact the office). Please read carefully the rules and regulations (located on the second page of the form) before mailing in your reservation request.
If you have any questions, please call us at 508-349-2615.
All refunds require 3 weeks' written notice by mail or email. Rates include a $50 non-refundable reservation fee. Reservations made less than 3 weeks in advance of arrival will not be refunded if canceled.
Arrival & Departure Times
Arriving campers must check in during the hours stated above. There is no after-hours check-in. No exceptions.
Campers must check-in at the office before setting up on a campsite. The sanctuary's main gate will be locked at night and keys will be available to campers for a deposit of $50, refundable when key is returned at time of check-out. Check-out is no later than 10:00 am on Friday.
- Open fires, pets, large vans, and truck bed units are not permitted
- Limit of 4 structures per campsite (tents, pop-up trailers, tarps, etc.)
- Pop-up trailers and Teardrop trailers under 12ft box length, as well as small vans like VWs, are permitted
- Limit of two vehicles (including trailer, motorcycles, and boats) per campsite
- Limit of eight (8) Mass Audubon family members per campsite
- Overnight visitors are not allowed
Additional COVID-19 Requirements
These include, but are not limited to:
- Signed check-in form required upon arrival
- No guests allowed to visit campsites
- All persons must wear face coverings while away from individual campsites
- All persons outside of family units must maintain six-foot physical distancing
- Names and contact information for all individuals in group will be recorded for MA contact tracing requirements
If you are a member of Mass Audubon and are interested in camping here, please read the camping rules and regulations before completing and returning your reservation form.