Campground at Wellfleet Bay
Family camping at Wellfleet Bay offers the natural world of the sanctuary for exploration and enjoyment! Our campground is small, quiet, and rustic. It does not offer many of the perquisites of recreational camping (see rules below). All campers must be Mass Audubon members at the time a reservation is made.
Restrooms with flush toilets & hot-water showers
June 1-25; September 21-October 1, 2023 • For three-night stays, Thursday through Sunday by noon.
July 1-September 15, 2023 • For weekly stays, Saturday through Friday morning by noon.
$200 per three-night stay • Thursday through Sunday, June & September
$380 per week/6-night stay • Saturday through Friday, July to September
- Check-in is on Saturday only, between 11:00 am-3:00 pm. No exceptions.
- Check-out is on or before Friday, no later than 12:00 pm.
Note: Campers will be charged a fee of $50 for late check-out.
Camping is available for members of Mass Audubon only and membership must be active at the time the reservation is made. To request a campsite reservation, download the "Campground Reservation, Rules, & Regulations" form below and submit via regular mail with full payment (or contact the office). Please read carefully the rules and regulations (located on the second page of the form) before mailing in your reservation request.
If you have any questions, please call us at 508-349-2615.
All refunds require 3 weeks' written notice by mail or email. Rates include a $50 non-refundable reservation fee. Reservations made less than 3 weeks in advance of arrival will not be refunded if canceled.
Arrival & Departure Times
Arriving campers must check in during the hours stated above. There is no after-hours check-in. No exceptions.
Campers must check-in at the office before setting up on a campsite. The sanctuary's main gate will be locked at night and keys will be available to campers for a deposit of $50, refundable when key is returned at time of check-out. Check-out is no later than 12:00 pm on Friday, and a $50 fee will be charged for late checkouts.
- Open fires, pets, large vans, and truck bed units are not permitted.
- Limit of 4 structures per campsite (tents, pop-up trailers, tarps, etc.)
- Pop-up trailers and Teardrop trailers under 12ft box length, as well as small vans like VWs, are permitted.
- Limit of two vehicles (including trailer, motorcycles, and boats) per campsite.
- Limit of eight (8) Mass Audubon family members per campsite.
- Overnight visitors are not allowed.
Current COVID guidelines will be posted at the information kiosk near the bathhouse.