Jobs at Wachusett Meadow
Mass Audubon offers a work environment that is challenging, yet flexible. Our compensation and benefits program is competitive, including a 403(b) plan and generous paid time off. Every inquiry will be treated confidentially. Mass Audubon is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Day Camp Junior Counselor - Wachusett
Wachusett Meadow Day camp is looking for some outstanding day camp instructors. Work cooperatively with fellow counselors to help plan and teach engaging age appropriate natural history lessons each day for campers ages 5 to 12. Enjoy the trails and multiple habitats of our sanctuary while instilling a love of nature in our campers. Counselors eat snack and lunch with campers and oversee morning and after lunch games.
- Must be at least 16 years old;
- Experience with and enjoy working with children;
- Possess a fun and enthusiastic attitude for camp;
- Current certification in CPR/First Aid or willingness to obtain is required;
- Have the ability to lead groups over rough terrain;
- Knowledge and interest in the nature of Central Massachusetts is preferred;
- Must pass a background records check (CORI and SORI).
Compensation and Benefits
Rate of Pay: $12.75/hr.
No housing available. Training is provided.
Duration: Training begins June 1. (Some flexibility may be granted)
Camp runs June 16-August 14, M-F 8:30-4:30
How to Apply
Please send (email preferred) your cover letter, resume and names, addresses and phone numbers of three references to:
Wachusett Meadow Wildlife Sanctuary
113 Goodnow Rd
Princeton, MA 01541