Jobs at Wachusett Meadow
Mass Audubon offers a work environment that is challenging, yet flexible. Our compensation and benefits program is competitive, including a 403(b) plan and generous paid time off. Every inquiry will be treated confidentially. Mass Audubon is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Before and After Camp Care Counselor
Wachusett Meadow Day camp is looking for a mature and responsible counselor to assist our camp as the lead before and after camp care counselor. Hours are M-F 7:45-9:15 and 3:15-5:15 from June 24-Aug 16. Responsible for planning and executing age appropriate natural history activities for up to 10 campers during before and after camp hours. You will ensure the safety of children at all times and sign children out to the appropriate adult. The before and after Camp Care Counselor will work with other Camp Counselors as needed.
- Must be at least 21 years old;
- Experience with and enjoy working with children;
- Possess a fun and enthusiastic attitude for camp;
- Good communication skills with parents, campers and staff;
- Have the ability to lead groups over rough terrain;
- Knowledge and interest in the nature of Central Massachusetts is preferred;
- Must pass a background records check (CORI and SORI).
Compensation and Benefits
Rate of Pay: $13.00- $14.00 /hr. based on experience
No housing available. Training is provided.
Duration: Training begins June 5. (Some flexibility may be granted)
Job hours: June 24-August 16, M-F 7:45-9:15 and 3:15-5:15
How to Apply
Please send (email preferred) your cover letter, resume and names, addresses and phone numbers of three references to:
Wachusett Meadow Wildlife Sanctuary
113 Goodnow Rd
Princeton, MA 01541