Sanctuary Guidelines for Straitsmouth Island
For your safety and to protect wildlife, we ask that you please:
- Please sign in island keepers; the island is open June 1-August 31, or when the keepers are in attendance.
- Do not camp, use open fires, or bring pets onto the island.
- Leave everything as you find it—do not disturb wildlife or remove vegetation, buoys, or lobster traps.
- Leave no litter. Visitors are responsible for taking their trash back to the mainland.
- Do not smoke.
- Do not swim off the ramp or elsewhere on the island.