Wild Thing 5k/10k Trail Race
Join us on Sunday, June 23, for Wild Thing 2019, a wooded 5k/10k trail run starting and ending at Pleasant Valley to raise money for conservation and education programs in Berkshire County.
The 5k course is great for runners or walkers. Runners can challenge themselves with the longer 10k distance.
Kennedy Park is the perfect location for a trail race with almost 15 miles of trails through hardwood forests and scenic views of the Berkshires. The race goes through carriage roads and single track with a variety of elevation in both the 10k and 5k distances.
Participants who register by May 20 are guaranteed a t-shirt and all racers are invited to join us for the post-race celebration in the big red barn.
The race will be capped at 300 runners. Register early to guarantee a spot!
Start Time & Location
Race starts at 9:00 am
The start and finish lines are located at Pleasant Valley Wildlife Sanctuary (472 West Mountain Rd, Lenox, MA 0124).
The overall male and female winners and runner-up of the 10k and 5k race will receive awards. There will be no awards for the 5K walk.
- Special award for the top two Best Dressed Native Species runners!
- Other awards given out in random drawings among all participants.
Online registration closes June 21 at 6:00 pm and is managed by the Berkshire Running Center.
- You can also register in person from 7:00-8:00 am on the day of the race at the start line.
- The race will be capped at 300 runners. Register early to guarantee a spot!
- The entry fee is determined by the date you register—see table below.
Before May 20
Before June 22
On June 22 & 23
*Plus $2 service fee to online registrations for credit card processing.
Racer Packet Pick-Up
All racers should pick up their packets at Pleasant Valley Wildlife Sanctuary during one of the following times:
- Saturday, June 22 from 2:00–4:00 pm
- Sunday, June 23 from 7:00–8:00 am
Last-minute registrations will also be accepted during packet pickup.
Many Thanks to Our Race Sponsors!
For more information about sponsorship opportunities, please contact Becky Cushing at 413-637-0320 or by email.