Jobs at Moose Hill
Mass Audubon offers a work environment that is challenging, yet flexible. Our compensation and benefits program is competitive, including a 403(b) plan and generous paid time off. Every inquiry will be treated confidentially. Mass Audubon is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Farmers Market Customer Service Specialists – The Farm at Moose Hill
The Farm at Moose Hill Wildlife Sanctuary is a part of Mass Audubon and provides fresh, organic produce to 200 families through our CSA program, to a number of visitors at our weekend Farm Stand and at an urban Farmer’s Market. We seek hard-working, friendly individuals with an interest in local food systems, sustainable agriculture to join our team for the 2021 season to act as Customer Service Specialists at Pick-ups for shareholders and Farmers Markets.
Farmers Market Customer Service Specialists is responsible for delivering vegetables to farmers markets, setting up and breaking down displays, greeting shareholders and/or customers. While at the Market you will sell produce, share information with customers about Mass Audubon and The Farm at Moose Hills organic farming practices. At Moose Hill, we are committed to farming organically and work closely with our partners at a neighboring farm. Our partner uses crop rotation that includes fallowing with green manures, spreading organic compost, and careful monitoring of soil organic matter and fertility. We use drip irrigation when needed in one field and rely on soil fertility for our other field. This is wonderful way to learn the interests of customers who shop local and shop organic.
- Excellent communication & “people” skills, with the ability to accept direction and guidance
- Highly organized, energetic, punctual, and strong work ethic
- Dependable, tidy, flexible, personal maturity,
- Ability to work independently and in groups of diverse people
- Comfortable with physical labor in all weather conditions
- Willing to work with adults and children who volunteer at the Pickups.
- Ability to lift and haul up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to relate to a diverse range of people and exercise cultural competence and inclusion
- Valid driver's license
- Must pass a background records check (CORI, SORI and driver's)
Compensation and Benefits
Starting at $13.75/hr., plus fruit and vegetables produced on the farm.
Shifts are 7am-4pm Saturday and Sunday and may include one evening shift from 1-8pm. Our season runs from the end of May through mid-October and interested applicants must be available for the full season.
How to Apply
Please send your resume and letter of intent to: