Jobs at Moose Hill
Mass Audubon offers a work environment that is challenging, yet flexible. Our compensation and benefits program is competitive, including a 403(b) plan and generous paid time off. Every inquiry will be treated confidentially. Mass Audubon is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Science Camp Leader – Moose Hill
Have fun this summer as you actively enrich the lives of children through hands-on science and nature activities, games and crafts! Each week has a different theme and area of exploration. Explore our extensive trail system and the diversity of life found in our upland forest, meadows, red maple swamp, and vernal pools with small groups of campers. You will conduct experiments with campers on a daily basis.
Your role is two-fold—first as a counselor who supervises the campers’ health and safety, promotes positive youth development, teaches science concepts, and plays games and second as an instructor who connects children to nature and science through hand-on learning activities. We provide you with goals and some activities for each weekly session. You will work with other staff to create additional age-appropriate lessons, games and crafts. Training includes nature study elements as well as teaching techniques.
- Applicants must be at least 18 years of age; have experience working with and enjoy being with children;
- Ability to lead groups over rough terrain;
- Have strong communication skills;
- Must have the ability to design and implement science based activities including physics, biology, chemistry, conservation, and climate science;
- Preferred applicants are studying or have a degree in a life science, biology, physics, engineering or education;
- Current certification in CPR and first aid is required (training opportunities are provided);
- Must pass a background records check (CORI and SORI).
Compensation and Benefits
Rate of Pay: $12.50-$13.00 per hour. Training is provided at $12.00 hr.
Schedule: Monday – Friday, 42 hours a week. June 3 - June 14 is Staff Training and all new staff are expected to attend this training. Science Camp runs from June 17 and finishes August 24 with an option to work until August 31, 2018 for the last week of camp.
How to Apply
Please email your resume and letter of interest to: