Jobs at Moose Hill
Mass Audubon offers a work environment that is challenging, yet flexible. Our compensation and benefits program is competitive, including a 403(b) plan and generous paid time off. Every inquiry will be treated confidentially. Mass Audubon is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Art Camp Instructor Counselor – Moose Hill
Have fun this summer as you actively enrich the lives of children through hands-on art projects, nature activities, and games! Explore a wide variety of art mediums including paint, ink, yarn, clay, wax, and music! You will also get to explore our extensive trail system and the diversity of life found in our upland forest, meadows, red maple swamp, and vernal pools with small groups of campers ages 9-13.
Your role is two-fold—first as a counselor who supervises the campers’ health and safety, promotes positive youth development, teaches a variety of art skills, explores nature, and teaches other games. And second as an instructor who connects children to nature through hand-on art projects. We provide you with goals and some activities for each weekly session. You will work with other staff to create additional age-appropriate lessons, games and crafts. Training includes nature study elements as well as teaching techniques. You will also be the camp art expert, and you will help other staff create great art projects for other camper groups.
You may also spend time as a Nature Leader with a group if a week of Art Camp does not run. To discover more about our Art Camp program check out our summer camp brochure at Moose Hill Brochure, and discover more about us on our website, Moose Hill Camp!
- Applicants must be at least 18 years of age; have experience working with and enjoy being with children and teaching or doing a variety of art mediums;
- Ability to lead groups over rough terrain;
- Have strong communication skills;
- Must have the ability to design and implement art-based activities including clay, drawing, writing, painting, and designing projects;
- Preferred applicants are studying or have a degree in art, life science, or education.
- Current certification in CPR and first aid is required (training opportunities are provided);
- Must pass a background records check (CORI and SORI).
Compensation and Benefits
Rate of Pay: $11.50-$12.00 per hour depending on experience. Training is provided at $11.00 hr.
Schedule: Monday – Friday, 42 hours a week. June 3 - June 14 is Staff Training and all new staff are expected to attend this training. Art Camp runs from June 24 and finishes August 23 with an option to work until August 30, 2019 for the last week of camp. If there is interest there is the possibility to begin working as early as the start of camp on June 17.
How to Apply
Please email your resume and letter of interest to: