Jobs at Moose Hill
Mass Audubon offers a work environment that is challenging, yet flexible. Our compensation and benefits program is competitive, including a 403(b) plan and generous paid time off. Every inquiry will be treated confidentially. Mass Audubon is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Nature Adventure Camp Co-Instructor Guide – Moose Hill
This is the second year of this program here at Moose Hill for our older campers ages 12-15. You will have a group of up to 6 campers with whom you will explore Moose Hill with. This program will have daily experiences with exploring the lesser seen parts of the property, group development activities, wilderness skills, nature connection, and a reflection period. This program is designed to allow the participants, and the staff, to really get out and get to know the Moose Hill property. This program will challenge you as a staff member, and give you skills to help guide the participants to a deep knowledge and connection of the land here at Moose Hill.
Training includes nature study as well as teaching techniques. To discover more about our Nature Adventure Camp program check out our summer camp brochure at Moose Hill Brochure, and discover more about us on our website, Moose Hill Camp!
- Applicants must be at least 20 years of age. 19 with a lot of experience;
- Have experience working with and enjoy being with and teaching teens;
- Have the ability to lead groups over rough terrain;
- Preferred applicants have previous camp experience, camping and outdoor cooking experience;
- Must be good at wilderness navigation, and some Natural History knowledge;
- Be willing to learn a lot about nature connection and group dynamics;
- Must have ability to design and implement nature-based activities including group bonding games;
- Preferred applicants are studying or have a degree in a life science, education, or outdoor recreation;
- Current certification in CPR and first aid is required (training opportunity provided);
- Must pass a background records check (CORI, SORI and driver’s).
Compensation and Benefits
Rate of Pay: $12.40-$13.00 per hour depending on experience. Training is provided at $12.00/ hour.
Schedule: Monday – Friday, 42 hours a week. June 3-June 14 is Staff Training and all new staff are expected to attend this training. Camp runs from June 17 - August 24 with an option to work until August 30, 2018. Nature Adventure Camps begin on June 24, but working the week of June 17 is possible and encouraged for planning.
How to Apply
Please email your resume and letter of interest to: